Thread: AnimeExpo 2012
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
SaiQ
RAWR!

SaiQ will become famous soon enough
Re: AnimeExpo 2012

If it weren't for X Games, they could have had the concerts in Nokia theater and moved autograph/dealers hall into Hall G. That way they could have opened up more space for dealers.

Panel rooms were certainly jammed pack. I heard the LiSA panel was reserved in a small room that's known to seat only 500 people. Some complained they should have anticipated larger audience band reserve a bigger room. Nelson and I had difficulty turning back when they announced no more room. It became gridlock with people trying to attend the panel at the same time people trying to get out after receiving word the panel was full.

As mentioned in my report, I didn't like the raffle ticket event for first place in autograph lines. In caused a lot of confusion and seems unfair for those such as myself who couldn't make it on Day 1, but waited in line hours before the session started. If they want to reward those who attend the panel, they should raffle out prizes towards the end.

There was a lot of confusions regarding the concerts. A lot of people didn't know they had to buy a ticket just to attend. They though registration covered it. It was also finding the site to buy tickets. I didn't know it was sold through a third party called TicketLeap until I called AX.

Fortunately there weren't a lot of religious protesters. I saw a few outside Luxe hotel, far away from the convention center.

One of the nice features of LA convention center I do like is accessibility. There's two floors open to con goers (third floor reserved for staff) and there's plenty of shortcuts inside and outside. Aside from going to panel rooms, it's really not that hard navigating inside the convention center. Even Exibit Hall is manageable, as long as you aren't wearing a bulky costume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post

I think your experience was radically different because you were there specifically for that special guest, and that can make a huge difference in terms of how you feel leaving the convention, but I'm glad you had fun regardless.
You've hit the bulls eye, Kana. My experience would have been different if I was there just for the convention. Actually, my experience would have took a nose dive if I didn't get Yuki Kajiura and FictionJunction autograph. Fortunately I did.

Last edited by SaiQ; 07-04-2012 at 10:23 PM.
SaiQ is offline   Reply With Quote