SoulArbiter
Fan

SoulArbiter is on a distinguished road
Re: Vidja Game Assistance Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewid View Post
I guess I'll give the first question,
Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together: PSP
I'm having a lot of trouble keeping my characters powerful enough to progress through the story, very often the game will outnumber you almost 2 to 1. My knight, valkyrie, and sometimes my main character don't hit very hard even though I keep their weapons up to date and have the strengthen I or II skills on them. Any suggestions?
Oh boy, mate. You've picked a great SRPG to play, one of the best I might add. But it sounds like you've gotten yourself into the bump in the road everyone encounters a sometime (or many times) in this game.

The only thing I could suggest is that you get your main character (protagonist) and your knight and Valkyrie to be the last ones to deal the killing blow to an enemy. By doing so, they'll get the majority of the EXP and they'll find themselves levelling up exponentially. This is the kind of strategy you use to get characters, who are generally under levelled, or you obtained a new character and they're not quite up to par, in order to become the backbone of your brigade.

This will require to go back to places you've visited and using past maps and their enemies as punching bags. However, be careful to bring good support for those whom you're trying to level up (a healer of some sort and a buffer) and you'll need to have a few people to do the damage too. Then just get your main three to deal the killing blow.

A last word: It's crucial that you determine who in your party/brigade/band-of-misfits should be support, who should be the tanks, who should be long-range artillery. Use the terrain to your advantage and recognise each unit's strengths and weaknesses and use strong units to protect weaker ones (supports in particular).

Hope all of that helps. If it's nothing you haven't heard before, sorry mate, but good luck with playing a great SRPG.

SoulArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote