View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
TheGreatMoof

TheGreatMoof is meh
Re: Dungeons and Dragons

I've played a ton of different types of pen-and-paper RPGs (mostly at college) but a lot of the people I've played with just suck at it, sadly. I've got a few good friends who are even more into the game of DnD than I and playing with them has always been a treat, tho.

But onto the amusingly bad college players. For instance; this one guy, who always seems to play a min/maxed halfling rogue with the personality of Charles Manson, tried running a few campaigns as DM when everyone got bored of dragging the party around on a chokechain and they were the worst things ever. The entire campaign would eventually break down into not so much a band of adventurers doing cool stuff in the deep places of the earth, and more like a modestly amusing and incredibly dull fantasy world package tour of every freaking tavern in the world.

It got so bad that I eventually rolled up a vampire character who would travel with the party to new towns and while they would just sit around taverns and pick up chicks, my vampy would creep around the town at night and over time turn the entire ruling class of the town into his undead minions. Before that group finally dissolved and we stopped playing altogether, vampy had actually become ruler of enough towns that he was on the brink of declaring himself the new ruler of a small nation.

TheGreatMoof is offline   Reply With Quote