View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 02:04 AM   #14
twillÿ
Banhammer'd

twillÿ is on a distinguished road
Re: Why the jerks/bad dudes always get the best women and more: My philosophy + rant

Haha, okay so I totally just got around to reading this and Mist, you totally described my ex in that last bit about the ###### (Lovely girl). Spot on, actually. Coincidence, I think not (lol, she was totally a skank). If you want my opinion though, here goes...

I don't think any two people can fit into the same stereotype as 'good' or 'bad', as far as dating is concerned. Sure, there are some nice guys out there, sure there are some nice girls out there and vice versa for bad ones, but I don't think it is as horrid as you've made it seem. I mean, when I was with my ex, I was more protective and I guess in this scenario you could say "douchey" when other guys got in the room, but I'm not normally like that. It's more of a caveman instinct to be alpha. I think a lot of guys appear to be douches when another male is around because just the same, when you are thinking she's too good for him, he's thinking back off dude. So the douche-baggery comes out. I understand this isn't the case and some dudes are totally just bananas and ridiculous, but in the same light and to be fair, lots of guys have softer sides too, even if the outward appearance and actions that outsiders see are different.

As for girls, just like any other capable thinking human, they can appear to be something they are not. Every girl is different. One seemingly "nice" girl can totally have a side you don't know, or just be into what someone else has to offer more than another guy. I agree with the post above me, a lot of the time you are going to find girls don't know what they want. They are too young and generally inexperienced with the dating world (women are much better, and when I say women, I mean a female who has matured emotionally and socially, not just age-wise, like I said, every girl is different). I think this is in most cases when you see Nice Girl A with Bad Guy B. Those things usually are temporary and don't last.

Overall, I think this is really on a person-to-person basis. Yeah, it sucks when a girl chooses someone you don't think she should, but maybe she just needs someone to show her a better option. I mean, if the guy is truly a douchebag, she'll figure it out. Like Molly said, a girl just wants to be cared for. If a guy can show her that she is his whole world, that's usually the anchor. Of course, you have to follow through and provide for her, but that is just common sense, on a strict emotional level, generally you just need to appreciate the other and, well, love them. ^_^

Okay, I'm done. Hope that opened some new windows for you or anyone in despair about this kinda thing. Twillÿ out, yo. Like Fuko Ibuki up in this sandcastle.

Last edited by EagleEyes; 09-22-2010 at 06:41 AM.
twillÿ is offline   Reply With Quote