View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #9
Leviathan Mist

大好き.

Leviathan Mist is on a distinguished road
Re: Why the jerks/bad dudes always get the best women and more: My philosophy + rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchoELK View Post
I always get confused when the nice guy complains or is angry because a girl chooses to be with someone they consider to be a jerk or a douchebag. Every story has 2 sides to it, and while some people are "bad" and some "good" most people are varying shades of grey. The idea that "nice guys" "nice girls" "filthy tramps" and "douchebags" are set in stone to me is pretty ridiculous, and it speaks a LOT to me about how nice a "nice guy" is when they talk in those absolutes in such a fashion.

I think many "nice guys" may CONSIDER themselves nice guys, but EVERYONE considers themselves a nice guy. Most of the time when I hear complaints from nice guys about how girls aren't bright enough to stop going out with douchebags it sends up red signals like crazy. To me it's like "Ok, you're angry because they girl isn't bright enough to choose "nice guys" to go out with and instead end up with "douchebags"?" To me it's just very telling.

Of course, not saying nice guys don't exist. But when the nice guy is so inwardly (and sometimes outwardly) negative to that degree, I think it's mostly an act to get girls, which is odd because they are complaining about how nice guys DON'T get girls... To me it feels like a person trying to be manipulative, but not knowing how to go about it properly.

Not directing that rant to anyone in particular here, I've just seen it MANY times before and this is what I've come to think when I do see it.
In my defense, when I said that even the good girls aren't perfect and have flaws, I was implying that for good guys too, and I know that everyone has some "bad" in them. However, I firmly believe that some people are nicer than others, and that often we find poor matchups in relationships in which a girl or guy who is actually trying to make things work ends up with a girl or guy who just wants to use their partner or simply doesn't care. It's nice to see differing opinions though.

Leviathan Mist is offline   Reply With Quote