View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #5
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh
Re: Why Manga Publishing Is Dying!

Love your article Kay, and the thing is I agree with it totally. Unfortunatly Japanese business's are not adapting well (niether or American comic book companies either) to the digital age. If anything has let me learn from experience is that the reasons big corporations want to pass over-riding laws like SOPA is to protect their content. Which is a legit excuse, but if Negima creator can turn scanalations into profit, and give the creator not the company more power than this is a revolution in the making. If the creators become the masters of their craft, then the Internet will re-shape the world in ways that surpass social networking and e-bay auction sites. Also streaming is changing the way we view, purchase, and distribute anime so I think anime and manga readers, publishers, and writers should look at your article with some degree of interest. Great article Kay, and I actually think the Bandai thing, and weak American comic book sales could actually be a good thing for me.

Someone who views the Internet as a way to bring back legitimacy not just to someone who grew up on comics, manga, anime, sci-fi, and films, but also a possible businessman in the future. Thank you Kay for helping me re-instant my theory that there is indeed need of some true revolutionary concepts in the Internet.

Last edited by nerdwerld; 01-25-2012 at 06:27 PM.
nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote