Thread: [PC] Star Trek Online (STO)
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 11:55 PM   #1
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh
Star Trek Online (STO)

In my umpteenth venture into finding a MMORPG that suits me, I found myself tripping into a space time continuum hyperdimensional vortex anomaly named Star Trek Online.

Perfect World Entertainment oversees this offering from Cryptic Studios.

Now the long dead Star Trek fan in me sort of lured me to this game...but after starting it, the variety of things to do intrigued me (at least for now).

It's a typical F2P game with PWE's typical cash shop attached to it. However, for the patient gamer, there is no real reason to use the store.

I enjoyed the fact that the quests mix ship based and ground combat. Space battles are a blast (pun intended) and are extremely well done from a graphics, sound and immersion perspective. Ground combat, as has been noted in some reviews of the game, is very meh and gets boring. But who cares, get me back to my ship to blow up a few more baddies! XD

Anyways, I'll be messing around on this game for a bit if any of you closet Trekkies or space/sci-fi theme junkies want to check it out.

It's a nice time sink for a few hours here and there. Nothing "omg I will play this forever and ever" but what MMO has had that feel lately anyway, right?

http://sto.perfectworld.com/

My character is Aki@mikumokamaki (at least I think that's how you can contact me XD) Let me know if that doesn't work lol.

MakiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote