View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 08:04 PM   #11
mahay
Fan

mahay is on a distinguished road
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdwerld View Post
I sat down and watched this show on a whim. It wasn't because everyone else was watching it. I actually enjoy the show and think its plot and dialogue is quite high despite it being demographically for a younger audience... but there is the thing. Shonen anime targets young males, but you can have the 50 year old salary man watching One Piece.
This show has surprised me not only for its artstyle, the problem solving itself that the characters do are quite relevant to what is happanening in the world. So the show teaches children about friendship, but also other important values and mores. These values and mores have vanished in most america media especially cartoons. So not only is it a learning experience it is also entertaining, fun to look at, and a great show. ... that is the two cents from the nerd who listens to jpop next too the heaviest metal at a local metal show.
Thank you, nerd for actually bringing this back to what this board is actually supposed to be about, instead of just making it a second front on the pony war.

æææææææææææææææææææææææææ æææææææææææææææææ
♪♫" I'm on the right track baby; I was born as mahay"♫♪ -- Lady GaGa

mahay is offline   Reply With Quote