View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #26
Nirvash_Redemption
Fan

Nirvash_Redemption is meh
Re: Favorite Anime Con Events

Only one i can go to is Anime Expo, because it's so close to me. I like how it's organized, how they have interactive events like singing, AMV competitions, cosplay skits and competitions, as well as their exhibit halls. They have lots of booths set up, and the panels they have are interesting to go to, as they usually have special guests every year. They used to be in Anaheim, but moved to LA after a few years, due to growth. They held it in Long Beach for a year while they were finalizing the deal with the convention center, and that one sold out. It's a nice convention, and if you can bring even a little money, it's worth going to. Even if you can't buy a lot, you can still hang out with friends and fellow cosplayers, and kill time watching anime and panels. Plus, they have a maid cafe in the convention. The tickets are a little pricey, but worth it since you go to everything the days you pay for.
[Knows all this from being a AX veteran(kinda) for 8 years straight. Family is animation buffs]

"Don't ask for it; go win it on your own. Do that and you'll succeed."
"When you think of music or movies, instead of remembering what they are about you're more likely to be reminded of the memories you have of that time and the people you knew then."

Nirvash_Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote