Thread: Fail-tacular
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
christmas4477

Smugleaf

christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold
Fail-tacular

I found the fan Thursday, 1/7/10, via Kyle Hebert's Facebook status saying he was doing an interview. Later that night, I desperately tried to get The Fan on my PSP's radio player.

Fail #1 The standard PSP radio players only select random stations. Giving me a 1/9000 chance to actually find the station I want.

Friday, 1/8/10, I come back asking Kana-chan for help, which she was very nice about, but we can't seem to come up with a solution. So I ran a quick Google search, which I should have done in the the first place, and found a way to download a different radio player. Immediately after getting the set-up for the new player all set, something horrible happened. Not only was I trying to work with my PSP, I was also listening to The Fan on my laptop, when the whole network timed out, and I had to reset my router, Fail #2. Even with a re-established connection, I had to restart my computer, because, Fail #3, I couldn't hear the music being played, which was Chain by Back-On, a song I had waited all day to hear. After tuning back in I hear Sandgolem say this: "--mail in to try and win for the contest."

I jumped into the irc to find that the contest is for the One Piece movie: Episode of Alabasta and received Sandgolem's E-mail address to enter the contest. After some careful timing, and in the meantime set up the needs to get the station on my PSP. After a few minutes, Sandgolem announces the winner, which was me. I almost cried. My fail had turned into a win. And to make it all better, Chain was played 20 minutes later.
christmas4477 is offline   Reply With Quote