Thread: Pokemon Films
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 12:38 AM   #43
Zaig
Fan

Zaig is meh
Re: Pokemon Films

Movie 13, Master of Illusions Zoroark was the worst--it's even worse than the 12th. I don't have high hopes for Pokemon the Movie 14: Victini and the Black Hero. IMO, the last movie I found at least somewhat enjoyable was the 10th. =/

1. Nothing happens until halfway through the movie when the Shiny Legendary cats start attacking Zoroark.
2. There's roughly 40 minutes of nonstop talking with next to no action in the beginning--you literally could start halfway through and understand everything, since the spoken dialogue in the beginning of the anime only serves to establish a "bond" between Zorua and Ash, and the bond between Zorua and Zoroark.
3. The only other Pokemon Ash uses besides Pikachu is Infernape, which is right at the beginning, and he doesn't even use a single attack; the same can be said for Dawn. Brock, on the other hand, doesn't release any Pokemon.
4. "Zorua" will be the most misspelled Pokemon in Pokemon history, and it's in this movie.
5. Briefly, there are two Ash Ketchum's, one with a tail. xD
6. The main villain is just some maniac, with absoluately no plot twists. I thought he was actually plotting something behind the scenes with good intentions, but no, not at all. If I was writing the movie, by adding what I THOUGHT was happening, it would have been much better.
7. The fact there are Shiny Legendaries makes no sense.
8. Celebi wasn't as important as what it seemed, regardless that Mew got its "own" movie twice.
9. There are probably some other stuff, but mostly I blanked out while watching this movie because it was just so boring.

Pokemon movies 1, 3, 5, and 8 are my personal favs. An honorable mention would be the anime special, Mewtwo Returns. If only the gang could go back and check up on Latias or somethin'. =/

I saw the first and third movies at the theatres. I almost cried when Ash got turned to stone and all of the Pokemon and clones were shedding tears. But both of these movies were very touching, not just the first one--Molly has two dads wachin' out for her, yay! =P

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Zaig is offline   Reply With Quote