Old 05-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #42
AshFangirlLisa
Biggest Ash fan ever

AshFangirlLisa is meh
I love this topic!! =D

Okay, first thing's first....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIamSogekingX View Post
Whatever happen to "Gotta Catch Them All"? Ash needs to shut his mouth about friendship and go catch some Pokemon, especially these Legendaries.
Well, you see, that's a common misconception. We all know that Ash's goal is to become a Pokemon Master. But, in order for him to reach this goal, he actually doesn't have to catch one of every Pokemon. So yeah, that's why Ash isn't doing this on the show. It's simply because that's not the definition of a Pokemon Master in the anime. =P

Heh, I think the confusion came from the fact that, "Gotta Catch 'Em All" was used as a catchphrase to market the show and tie it in with the games (back in the day). So people assumed that in order for Ash to become a Pokemon Master, he was required to catch all the Pokemon. But obviously, this isn't true. XD

And now, my top favorite openings are as follows:

1. Born To Be A Winner - Season 4, Johto League Champions theme
2. I Believe - Season 5, Master Quest theme
3. Pokemon Johto/A Whole New World - Season 3, Johto Journeys
4. Pokemon theme - season one's theme
5. Unbeatable - Season 8, Advanced Battle theme

Those are my top favorite Pokemon openings. I love these songs!! <3

Of course, I like the movie versions even more because they're remixes. The remix of "Born To Be A Winner" that played during Pokemon 4Ever is epic. <3

And no, Zero Gravity, you don't suck. Haha, don't worry. Trust me, you're not the only one who didn't see Pokemon 4Ever at the theaters. XD

You see, the first 3 movies played in all theaters. They were given a wide release, and they were distributed by Warner Bros. However, after the 4th movie was dubbed, during this time, another company started distributing the Pokemon movies. That company was Miramax. But unfortunately, instead of giving the 4th and 5th movies a wide release (like the first 3 movies), they decided to give them a very limited release. So, unfortunately, only a few people got to see Pokemon 4Ever and Pokemon Heroes at the theaters, because they had such a limited release. I mean, I'm talking extremely limited here, because apparently, only a select few cities/states got the 4th and 5th movies.

I remember being VERY upset when I found out that my local theater didn't have Pokemon 4Ever. I cried. ;_;

Thank goodness for the DVDs. <3

Anyway, my favorite Pokemon movie is definitely the 2nd one. Pokemon The Movie 2000 is awesome! I love it! <3

My second favorite, is the 5th movie, Pokemon Heroes. And my third favorite is the 8th movie, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

Oh, and btw, I have movies 1 through 8 on DVD. I also have Mewtwo Returns on video (it's a sequel to "Pokemon: The First Movie").

Also, I saw movies 9 through 12 on Cartoon Network, when they premiered. But personally, I don't care much for those movies. They're bleh (they just don't compare to the first 8 movies, in my opinion)...

To be honest, I just can't stand the new voices of Ash, Brock, and Team Rocket. They make it very difficult for me to enjoy watching the D/P episodes and movies. When you watch the Pokemon USA dub (movies 9 through 12/seasons 9 through 12), it's like watching an entirely different show than the 4Kids dub (movies 1 through 8/seasons 1 through 8, respectively). But of course, that's just my opinion. ^^;

Aww, darn it!! The thread died because I like Pokemon too much... D:

I think the thread overloaded because of my extreme enthusiasm and excitement for Pokemon.

Last edited by Chris; 06-27-2010 at 12:32 AM.
AshFangirlLisa is offline   Reply With Quote