View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #7
Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti is meh
Re: Who's your hero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Wayne Gretzky - Even if you don't know hockey, or hate the sport, you know his name. Wayne set over 50 NHL records, many that still stand today and may not be beaten for a very long time. Every Canadian kid knows his name. He also happens to be a personal friend of my dad's since they grew up and went to public school together.
I see your Gretzky and raise you Temmu Selanne. As a Ducks fan (rip 2009-2010 season nevr 4get) since 2003 (bandwagon lol), and knowing that he played for the then Winnipeg Jets (remind me...why did they move to Phoenix again?), guy's like a local hero to Winnipeg and Anaheim (sorry San Jose and Colorado fans). I know about the rookie goal record in which everyone in Winnipeg went nuts over and, of course, never lost his edge when he was eventually traded to Anaheim. Scoring goal #600, in a Duck uniform, is something of a really high point for me this season, compared to the rest of the season...ugh...

Another one would be Scott Spezio, reason being is that he hit a three-run shot in game 6, quite possibly the greatest game 6 I've seen in baseball (it helps a lot when you're an Angel fan). Maybe it's the power of the almighty Rally Monkey, but in either case, that 8th-inning rally propelled the Angels to win the game 6-5 to force a game 7, which they won 4-1 to win the World Series, which would be the first in the Angels franchise history. Since then, all they do is win division titles and get first round exits from the Red Sox (except 2005 and 2009...Anaheim never faced the BoSox in 2005, and they actually swept them in 2009).
Tommy Vercetti is offline   Reply With Quote