Thread: New guy!
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
zetsuboukami

zetsuboukami is meh
New guy!

Hello 918thefan community, my name's Richard. I should have introduced myself a long time ago, however certain circumstances permitted me from doing so. As stated before my name is Richard but on the forums and IRC I go by the name zetsuboukami. I first found out about this site a year or two ago and immediately thought it was the greatest thing in the world. A 24/7 online radio program that plays Japanese music, I never would have thought this was possible.

A little about myself:

To be completely honest I only really started to get into anime back in 2010, prior to this my only experiences with anime was watching pokemon on TV when i was young and catching a couple episodes of full metal alchemist and gundam here and there. Unfortunately I missed the golden age of anime that was the 80's and 90's which means no Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Outlaw Star, Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin and other awesome series of that time period.I did make up for it though, as I have caught up with most of the series that I've missed. As it stands I can say that my anime library has indeed grown since 2010, some of my favorite series and movies include all of the studio Ghibli movies minus one or two, Eyeshield 21, FLCL, Black Lagoon and Bokusatsu tenshi Dokuro-chan.

Although my experience with anime is fairly small and still growing, my experience with Japanese music is quite lengthy. I'm happy to admit that it's been around 6 years since I first started listening to Japanese music and I won't be stopping anytime soon. The first Japanese song I ever heard was Rewrite by Asian kung-fu generation, I thought it was amazing. Ever since then I've always listened to Japanese music it's been a part of me for so long. I'm really happy to have found this site, now my library of music can grow even more.

Besides listening to music and watching anime I also read a lot of manga. Most of the series I've read are some of the older ones from the the 90's and mid 80's, I find them to be the best. The newer stuff is ok but I find the older series more to my tastes, a couple of my favorite series are Fist of the north star, City Hunter, Great teacher Onizuka and Battle Angel Alita. I'm currently reading a lot of other series but it would take a while to list it all down. In short I love reading manga.

Well that's all I really have to say, I hope to have fun on this site!

Thanks for reading!
zetsuboukami is offline   Reply With Quote