View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #15
bemused_Bohemian

Fanatic

bemused_Bohemian is meh
Re: Your Favorite Anime Movie and Why

Favorite Anime Movie??? Let's try MovieS and what's streaming:

Cowboy BeBop: great collection of misfits, action, intrigue, contemporary themes (terrorism, corruption, alienation, waning social mores, etc). Terrific movie! Didn't fall asleep thru any of it! Good foundation movie for any newbie to anime.

5 Centimeters/second: almost an all-time fav (dangerous proclamation since there will be more great anime produced....someday). Semi-autobiographical: change the scenery only and that's my life as a kid. I like trains so I loved the role rapid transit played re character interconnectiveness, cohesion, loss.

Time of Eve aka Eve no Jikan: artist examines the diminishing boundary between human emotion and AI. Well done, made me both laugh and cry within the scope of 6 eps. Eps 3 and 6 are my favs in this story. Can be viewed on Crunchyroll.

FLCL: gotta love the tumultous times of puberty and agape....it's all there.

KGNE aka Kimi ga Nozomu Eien or Rumbling Hearts: I'm not a fan of this genre and I wish the characters portrayed were 3 years older but from the 2nd ep on I was hooked on the intensity of emotions rippling through all the main characters. Writers did a good job with this series! Very intense, gripping, heart wretching portrayal of PostTraumaticStress disorder and how it affected everyone. A lot of viewers hated this anime but I found it to be quite realistic and relevant re relationships gone awry.

Voices of a Distant Star: biting, eloquent commentary on the futility of war, possibly life in general if you are a goal-driven individual without a moral compass.

Cencoroll: liked some of the music. How many different school interactions can you illustrate in anime stories without becoming repetitive, monotonous, then boring? This show, though not long enough, was a delicious morsel of.. oh no,,, another school plot twist.

The Girl who leapt Thru Time: you guys have said what needed mentioning. A good watch!
bemused_Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote