Thread: Favorite AMVs
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #29
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of
Re: Favorite AMVs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBlade Edhe
Well I can't and I have. An AMV can't "be like a MAD" because they are MADs, so unless you can accept this we aren't gonna get anywhere. Technically I can't do that either, for basically the above reason, but I did reference the first two videos in my first post, but I suppose I wasn't explicit enough, so I'll repost.
There are distinct differences between MADs and AMVs. How would I know? Because I was a long time member at AMV.org.

AMVs are what I have already explained, stock footage on top of stock audio. The infamous AMV Hell is a shining example of this, with hundreds of submissions from hundreds of people being simply stock footage on top of stock audio.

MADs are usually a step above this, usually incorporating custom made graphics and modified music.

Also, let's not forget AMVs are western creations, while MADs are eastern creations.

A microwave oven and an oven. Their purpose? The same: To cook food using some sort of source of heat. Do they do it the same way? No, they do it in two completely different ways, essentially making them two completely different things with the same purpose.

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote