View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #136
jessileo127
Fan

jessileo127 is meh
Re: What grinds your gears?

What really grinds my gears?

When your in a Open Server RP game and along comes either a Troll, newbie (who knows nothing), Ruiners, a person who automaticly assumes he/she is more well known/ a better player than everyone else.

I play on the text RPs where you have to proove yourself to join... (I.E. That little Zork Game I made up, which actually has gotten me a little noticed by some of the higher ups)... So playing an Open Server is a pretty good way to make new friends and enemys. Any of the above mentioned is allways a risk, but it doesn't happen that often...

In my last game, The group had to deal with a new person who needed to be shown the ropes... Normally there is a tutorial given out to the new peeps by a member of staff or a helpful higher rank... But he/she had apparently decided to skip it and head right in to the Open games... Fortunatly we were only playing a simple 'Find the Relic' quest which can be over in something like five turns, if your lucky... The DM for that game wanted five players alltogether and when the newbie joined, he started the game instantly without thinking about it...
In the end it took about 300 turns to find simple things like Glasses of True sight or Cup of Elven Water. I luckly found the Relic (a Titan's Helmet) in the claws of a Black Wyvern, which killed the newbie on the third attack. (he/she raged out, caplocking 'insults' about our characters)...

So yea... Thats what grinds my gears...

EVERY DAY IS SPECIAL

jessileo127 is offline   Reply With Quote