View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 03:39 AM   #62
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh
Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
"Consider it trolling", hah. I'd love if that statement worked in real life, and didn't just look like you were retracting statements.

The Japanese attitude may not be great, but it also isn't failing. Sakaku Complex likes to take articles and pretty much embellish them, and add opinions. Just an observation.

It does seem that a lot of people are mistaking linear for bad. I mean, Uncharted was pretty linear. Other than the treasure finding aspect, it pretty much went from start to end.

Well, anyway, wasn't FFXIII designed with the PS3 in mind...if you can even say that game design was designed for a next generation console, which it wasn't. Final Fantasy is at the stage, it seems, where it might be beneficial to sell off the franchise to another company (like the state Sonic is in).
sigh... im surprised you dont consider "trolling" an action you can do in real life >_> i was correcting myself if you havent noticed... my memory likes to be hazy on things i dont use on a daily basis and saw quite a while ago.

Uncharted shouldnt be compared to FF in general when it comes to linearity... since Uncharted is a platforming game (naughty dog is known for them, IE Crash Bandicoot) the game was built with the expectation that it was going to be linear... you usually dont expect RPGs in general to be super linear.

i agree that it was very frustrating to see what Square has done to FF13 from the development standpoint, they started it as a PS2 project, but never really changed everything to accommodate the full power of the current gen systems. if they pulled a MGS4, than it would have turned out much differently and more synonymously accepted as an amazing game, at least, i would think it would be. MGS4 started as a PS2 project, but was moved to the PS3 and they took full advantage of the hardware, and, well... it looks like a real life movie at times... except you have control over the characters. you would expect that Square, with its deep pockets and experienced teams, would have been able to release something that would be taken as well as MGS4... but alas, they have been dropping in the overall quality of their final fantasy games... just look at FF12... the combat was pretty fun and the graphics were great for a PS2 game... but the rest of it was pretty shoddy... what happened to a great story where all the "main characters" have a key role or at least SOME respectable role in it? *cough* vaan and penelo *cough* i have to agree... square should probably sell FF off to someone, preferably someone that will make something epic out of it.

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Last edited by Elc1247; 03-09-2010 at 03:44 AM.
Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote