Thread: [Multi] Portable consoles
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 11:13 PM   #19
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Portable consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elc1247 View Post
I agree, seems like all nintendo is doing now is remaking stuff, seems they are too busy playing in their swimming pool of cash to care about creating new stuff that would wow all of us expecting them to actually use some effort.

and also, this is somewhat old news... the DSi XL has been available for months in japan already, it would make sense that they would bring over a new version of the DS if they could make even more money. maybe they could finally replace all their toilet paper with rolls of ¥1000 notes... with the release of this "new feature"

but seriously, i hear one of the reasons they decided to fatten the DSi is because they wanted to market more to the elderly or something like that... i dunno... thats what i hear floating around the internet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
PSP-1000, PSP-2000, PSP-3000, PSP-GO. <- LOL PSPGO IS FAIL
DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL.

And when you compare how many times each portable console has been revised, and then take into consideration that the DS2 and PSP2 are somewhere on the horizon...you logic makes no sense.

Also, evolution before innovation.
for once I agree with Oni, in fact, they've spent a lot more effort in the past to re-invent the wheel, aside from a few really early nintendo re-productions, Sony is the only company that's had multiple iterations of its main consoles

Not to mention that Sony and Microsoft are coming out with their own "LOL LOOK WE CAN HAS WII TOO" controllers I'd safely say that Nintendo is still in a position to be the most innovative of this generation (no matter how often sony throws the word around).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llian View Post
Changing this to portable console discussion. Widens the discussion and gives more room for opinions.

Also, it doesn't have to only apply to Nintendo imo. I guess the point is that they're remaking all these consoles with minimum updates while hopefully in the process trying to empty our wallets. Though it might be a good business/marketing move (and detrimental to those who don't know any better) I feel they'd entice/draw more individuals in if they just choose to hold on the updates for a more worthwhile update of the console. Ya know? But they'd be losing profits that way so. I doubt it'd be proficient for them.
A lot of companies are trying to maximize profits while minimizing workforce, it's the state of the economy, it's a sad thing, but it's true.

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote