91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vidja Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [PC] Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1457)

Sheep 10-17-2010 07:46 AM

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Capitalism ho!

So who here plays Recettear? It's a fan made game that came out in Japan a few years ago and was released on steam not to long ago.

I can only get up to the 4th payment in my game before I end up losing ._.

Rhetorical Gamer 10-18-2010 07:24 AM

Re: Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

The demo is awesome!! Its more addicting than Halo Reach

Kayarath 05-18-2011 11:11 PM

I am also a huge fan of the game! I got it a few weeks ago when it was on sale on Impulse. I imagine most people won't be able to make the payments on their first playthrough's first loop.

Bargain Gamer 05-18-2011 11:22 PM

This is a great game and I highly suggest at least trying the demo to anyone who is even slightly interested!

chefofdeath 05-19-2011 06:22 PM

the game is pretty good i got hooked i had to put it down . i would like to see this as an arcade game on the xbox but i dont know if people would get it unless it had some form of online play you know how people can get without they're co op now days

Shidohari 05-20-2011 07:37 PM

i've beaten the game on my third run....

Kanashimi 11-18-2011 08:50 PM

Surprised I never posted in here. I remember I played this about four or five months ago for quite awhile. I started to get annoyed how long it took dungeon-ing to get certain characters. I got to Griff and then my love of the game started to die down.

As odd as it is, I sort of wish there was more incentive to certain things in the game. The story mode does this really well, but after you beat it once or twice you become too overpowered in your knowledge of how the game works. I know there is an Endless Mode, and I tinkered with it, but I never felt threatened by losing in it.

I would fully recommend this game however.

Kayarath 11-26-2011 03:25 PM

Well Kana, once you get Griff, it becomes a question of if you're willing to grind a ton to get to 100 percent item completion. I'm at 80 percent after 120 hours D:

Kanashimi 11-27-2011 02:33 AM

I think I already uninstalled my copy quite honestly. I know there were other unlockable characters like the android girl (I can't remember her name, she was kind of emotionless). I just wasn't sure if it was really worth it.

Kayarath 02-28-2012 10:38 PM

Well I finally wrote that review of the game that I always wanted! It didn't turn out as well as I would like but I think it does give you an idea of what the game is like!

Kana, if the regular game doesn't excite you long term, maybe survival mode will?

Kanashimi 02-29-2012 08:15 AM

I played it for a week or so, and I tinkered with the Endless Mode. That was a few months back though. It's fair to say I'm just really good at multi-tasking or simulation games like this, and the dungeon portion became too much of a grind to keep me in. It's still a good game, but once I collected the best swords, items, etc... it was way too easy.

SoulArbiter 03-05-2012 04:14 AM

I bought it a few months back. I haven't played it all that much, but I'm enjoying it. Gotta get back to seriously sitting down and get back into it sometime soon.

christmas4477 06-06-2012 06:26 AM

A friend of mine gifted it to me for Christmas (laugh it up) but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet I haven't touched most of my Steam games actually

Tsundere 06-11-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christmas4477 (Post 33918)
A friend of mine gifted it to me for Christmas (laugh it up) but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet I haven't touched most of my Steam games actually

Ah the steam backlog... I have one as well and its really annoying.
I have to say Reccetear is a fun title... I also still have to complete it even though I have started it 4 times. I also cant get this song out of my head http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLvVryt1fLQ