91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Movies (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Favorite Ghibli movie (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2460)

christmas4477 05-07-2012 07:31 AM

Favorite Ghibli movie

I've only seen about 5 in their entirety, but I'd have to say Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and Castle in the Sky are my top 3. I need to go back and watch them all.

grimdefeat 05-07-2012 02:43 PM

Re: Favorite Ghibli movie

princess mononoke is one of my favorites and spirited away is always an amazing watch

Mollybibbles 05-08-2012 10:43 AM

My Neighbor Totoro will always be my absolute favorite (the Fox release in '93, not the Disney version). The woman that voiced Angelica Pickles in the Rugrats played one of the main characters. I finally managed to find a DVD copy of the Fox version (thanks to a certain someone who bought it for me ^3^).

Cheflelouch 05-08-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mollybibbles (Post 33714)
My Neighbor Totoro will always be my absolute favorite (the Fox release in '93, not the Disney version). The woman that voiced Angelica Pickles in the Rugrats played one of the main characters. I finally managed to find a DVD copy of the Fox version (thanks to a certain someone who bought it for me ^3^).

I Agree with you lets not forget about the good old movies we grew up with

Jubilee 05-08-2012 02:34 PM

Howl's Moving Castle is my favorite, with Princess Mononoke in a close second.

I thought the colors in Howl's were exquisite, and the story is my favorite of any Ghibli film. I'd compare it to Spirited Away, but I think the characters in Howl's develop better, (not that I am taking anything away from Spirited...I just think Howl's is superior, but often thought of as less than Spirited). Plus, Howl has more swag than any other Ghibli lead...just sayin.

#caterpie

moonhawk81 05-09-2012 09:45 PM

Spirited Away, although the soundtrack to Arrietty (by Cecile Corbel) helps make it a strong contender.

christmas4477 05-09-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonhawk81 (Post 33751)
Spirited Away, although the soundtrack to Arrietty (by Cecile Corbel) helps make it a strong contender.

I agree, Arrietty had a great soundtrack

Kanashimi 05-10-2012 02:31 AM

Whisper Of The Heart is my favorite because it's probably the least fantasy based. I've had people complain that Ghibli films are the same thing over and over (to a degree we do see the same staples). So if they want something different or more down to Earth I usually recommend Whisper Of The Heart. It feels like a movie just about growing up and surviving, something simple and heartfelt.

homie_jiraiya 05-12-2012 10:20 AM

you know i would have to say princess mononoke because it was the first feature length anime i ever saw.