91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vidja Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [Multi] Name a Game you Could NEVER Beat Before the Internet (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1549)

ZshadowX 11-10-2010 04:09 PM

Name a Game you Could NEVER Beat Before the Internet

Legend of Zelda Link to the past

I was stuck in this one part where you suppose to go to this Statue, play your flute and a bird suppose to pick you up and take you to Dungeon 6
But I didnt know that, it took me 8 years of my live just to past that game

mahay 11-10-2010 05:55 PM

Re: Name a Game you Could NEVER Beat Before the Internet

Well, for me, I have the ability of the internet but I don't want to use it to find out what to do.

It's Dark Sector. I'm at this boss battle in a room that's filled about knee-deep with water and there's an invisible guy that is supposed to be defeated. I've tried just kicking him up and down the court but he won't die. (I've shot and punched him until I had no ammo left) I'm supposing there's some sort of environment thing to kill this guy but the room is so dark I can't even seen anything. Well, that's a lie, there is an environment thing where I introduce electricity in the water but that doesn't kill him ( I will direct your attention to how many times I've shot and punched this guy)

I just don't know what to do so I kind of quit that game.

Jubilee 11-10-2010 05:58 PM

DragonQuest VIII

I could not figure out where the heck to position the beams before the fight with Dhoulmagus... >_<

ZshadowX 11-10-2010 08:50 PM

Another game that I was stuck was Majora's Mask. That game is hard, and cryptic hard. I actually had to lone it to my best friend just so that I could try and fight Skull Kid (and fail). I love that game, but the managing of everything you must do (not even going for 100%) was absurd for me back in the day.
~ Plus the fact that the Three days time limit screw me over!

Rhetorical Gamer 11-11-2010 11:21 AM

The original Metal Gear no no not the one on the PS1. The one on the NES YEAH THAT MESS OF TRANSLATIONS, HIDDEN PITS!!! But in a nut shell that games was fun even if it didnt have stunning graphics, a massive multiplayer or space marines it was a good game with a gripping story a great sense of stealth and action. Thank you internet!!!

ZshadowX 11-11-2010 06:20 PM

Classic NES Legend of Zelda

the Whole time I was like "now where do I go next?"
I'd had to use a walkthrough, just to pass by

Leviathan Mist 11-11-2010 10:53 PM

Dragon Warrior VII. Finding all the land pieces or whatever is impossible without a walkthrough.

ZshadowX 11-11-2010 11:51 PM

I got stuck with Zelda 2. Seriously whenever I turn it on and play it to this day I think " OMG! where the hell am I supposed to go? ( *starts to cry a little)" and the NPCs in towns don't help much either "This guy doesn't like fire." "Use the candle to light the way." ...........Huh?

grimdefeat 11-11-2010 11:55 PM

castlevania aria of sorrow and castlevania symphony of the night

Toonpenguin 11-12-2010 07:57 AM

Golden Sun-

Rhetorical Gamer 11-12-2010 10:35 AM

But finding where you had to go next was awesome! sure there are some points in the game where you WOULD need a guide but i think it takes out that AH-HA experience.

ZshadowX 11-14-2010 12:10 AM

Legend of zelda ocarina of time.....

just hear me out

Water Temple #jinsad

Snapplemonkey 11-14-2010 02:14 AM

Super Metroid... but I don't think it was that much due to the internet... but because I was older and managed to think my way through it on my own.

Kate 11-15-2010 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZshadowX (Post 22511)
Legend of zelda ocarina of time.....

just hear me out

Water Temple #jinsad

I see the Legend of Zelda games haven't been too friendly with you. O_o'

I really haven't used guides that much. Other than wondering why I couldn't move on thanks to a glitch, I remember one time I looked up something for Donkey Kong Country. If you've played this you probably had the same level problem as I did. That's right, Torchlight Trouble. There's this one jump that's impossible to make unless you lose one of the two kongs. It took me forever to make and had to look up strategies on how to make it. Took them and made it across after several tries.

Snapplemonkey 11-15-2010 03:24 AM

I remember beating water temple.... after comparing the different map levels with each other for 5 hours and then finally finding that little tiny room that is almost impossible to notice -_-

Kate 11-15-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapplemonkey (Post 22552)
I remember beating water temple.... after comparing the different map levels with each other for 5 hours and then finally finding that little tiny room that is almost impossible to notice -_-

The water temples always seem to be the problem dungeons in the series. Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, etc etc. Though, I haven't actually used a guide for those yet. I just wondered around till I found something. xD

Snapplemonkey 11-17-2010 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate (Post 22556)
Though, I haven't actually used a guide for those yet. I just wondered around till I found something. xD

I didn't use a guide... I compared the in-game maps with each other... t'was a pain in the buttocks.

Zero Gravity 11-20-2010 08:28 PM

Sonic 2 was the one Sonic game I never beat as a child, I never beat it until I got the Mega collection for the PS2 and cheated using the quick save feature, I friggen hated that final boss

Zelpheropolis 11-15-2011 06:26 PM

ephemeral phantasia. I don't know if it was because i was young, but i was completely lost for most of the game. I spent alot of my time exploring and waiting for time to reset.

hiroshimax 11-16-2011 02:38 AM

Final Fantasy IX - Getting out of that Desert Palace was a pain @.@. At least it gave me a place to grind my characters up.