91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vidja Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [Multi] Final Fantasy XIII (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=378)

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 01-09-2010 10:43 PM

Final Fantasy XIII

Lately, I've been seeing plenty of criticism over the Japanese release of Final Fantasy XIII.

For example:
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/1...ece-of-string/
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/1...is-a-bad-game/

I had been looking forward to this game and I really didn't want to such news dissuade me from buying it, but it really isn't looking good. Is anyone else disappointed? Who still plans on buying the game?

Shin_No_Kokoro 01-09-2010 10:47 PM

Re: Final Fantasy XIII

To be honest with you ive been utterly dissapointed with the FFX series since FFXII came out i honestly can't believe it got worse T_T. I don't recommend buying it for playing value but if your a collecter of the sereis much like me you'll probably end up buying it

Oni 01-09-2010 10:52 PM

Well, I've been waiting for FFXIII for ages. I've even skipped over FFXI and FFXII.

Yes, I am glad the heroine is a female this time (no Yuna will never be a main-main character in my eyes).

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 01-09-2010 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shin_No_Kokoro (Post 3830)
To be honest with you ive been utterly dissapointed with the FFX series since FFXII came out i honestly can't believe it got worse T_T. I don't recommend buying it for playing value but if your a collecter of the sereis much like me you'll probably end up buying it

Actually, I enjoyed FFX and FFXII. I thought XII was going to be bad, but it turned out all right in my opinion. I only started playing at FFVII, which I also enjoyed very much, but I know many have said that the entire series has just been getting progressively worse. I haven't played anything before VII, so my opinion may be skewed.

Oni 01-09-2010 10:54 PM

The games prior to 3D, most notably VI and IV, have got to be the best in the series.

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 01-09-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni (Post 3844)
The games prior to 3D, most notably VI and IV, have got to be the best in the series.

So I've heard. ^_^ I got VI recently, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Shin_No_Kokoro 01-09-2010 10:56 PM

i honestly remember playin FF on the SNES when i was a kid, I'm telling you right nao there was no such thing as cloud or yuna xD But it has indeed lost its charm and it becoming more of an adventure game rather than rpg, now Xenosaga that was as gud as 3D rpgs get

Oni 01-09-2010 10:57 PM

VI has got to have the very best villain. Sepheroth can't hold a candle to Kefka.

Shin_No_Kokoro 01-09-2010 10:59 PM

I totally agree with that, i remember dyin like 20 times b4 gettin him and still it was a close call

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 01-09-2010 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shin_No_Kokoro (Post 3854)
I totally agree with that, i remember dyin like 20 times b4 gettin him and still it was a close call

In that case, I forsee plenty of frustration in my future. ^_^

Shin_No_Kokoro 01-09-2010 11:01 PM

Dresspheres definately not ftw, had to be said

Kanashimi 01-09-2010 11:15 PM

I will definitely still be buying it. Now it should probably be noted that I buy plenty of games all the time, so this is something I want to judge for myself. Reviews I always take with a grain of salt, even if they all happen to be right... I want to be the one to say that. I've heard so many times a game is great just to find it isn't my type of game or I personally dislike it. So my views are a bit different than most.

I'll be picking it up with an open mind, and if I truly dislike it then I'll tell you then.

Shin_No_Kokoro 01-09-2010 11:21 PM

Kana is right i mean thats exactly what a gamer should do all the time, rely on your preference rather than other

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 01-09-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shin_No_Kokoro (Post 3861)
Dresspheres definately not ftw, had to be said

I actually enjoyed that game too, lol. The story was lame, but I did enjoy the gameplay while others hated it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanashimi (Post 3866)
I'll be picking it up with an open mind, and if I truly dislike it then I'll tell you then.

I'll most likely be doing the same.

Oni 01-09-2010 11:36 PM

I'll bet I am the only one who enjoyed FFVIII and FFIX. xD

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 01-09-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni (Post 3882)
I'll bet I am the only one who enjoyed FFVIII and FFIX. xD

^_^ I know a lot of people who enjoyed IX, including myself (except for the end, WTF was that about?). Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of VIII, and it remains the only FF (out of the one's I've played) that I haven't finished.

XIamSogekingX 01-10-2010 06:17 AM

Same here about FFVIII, I just couldn't get through the whole thing...Oh well.

I will definetly pick it up and try it out. The linear map article does make it look boring but the videos of the battle system look very interesting and definetly want to try that out.

If anything, I kinda want to look into FFXIV (the new MMORPG) I played some of FFXI but because my friends were playing WOW, I switched over. I've also been interested in FF Tactics and FF Crystal Chronicles series. They bring new battle systems with familiar classes and settings and that's what I like :D

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 01-10-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XIamSogekingX
If anything, I kinda want to look into FFXIV (the new MMORPG) I played some of FFXI but because my friends were playing WOW, I switched over. I've also been interested in FF Tactics and FF Crystal Chronicles series. They bring new battle systems with familiar classes and settings and that's what I like :D

I never got into the Crystal Chronicles series, mainly because I didn't have a Gamecube when the original came out. But since the new one is for the Wii, I may give it a shot. As for Tactics, I have the original, I haven't played it yet, but I always hear it's amazing. I did play Tactics A2, which was really good, but I never finished it because I kept getting sidetracked redoing missions and boring myself.

XIamSogekingX 01-10-2010 11:19 AM

Gamecube Crystal Chronicles was good when you had another person to play with though I was able to have fun with it even by myself. It also gave me a chance to use my GBA Gamecube cable which gave me some bonuses in the game. The Wii one is getting some good reviews and will no doubt be a must have for the FF fan.

Yeah going through all those missions can be a pain but I think it's good that you have all those missions so if you are not strong enough to pass a key mission, you can do a side mission to bring up your level.

ImagineBreaker 01-11-2010 06:21 AM

IMO FFXII was good story / character wise, but the fight system was awful.
Also,FFVII is the most over rated FF. FFIX is very under rated, along with VIII.
FFX got loved because of the gap between IX and X, Ps1 to PS2.

More on the topic anyway, im siked for XIII.
Ive looked at every thing i could find about it, i recon it will be awesome.
Only thing i dont like is when they went all multi platform, then downgraded the original plan.
Then to fix the angry people like myself then did the PS3 exclusive "Versus".
Now apparently i have to buy 2 games.

As for FFXIV, also looking forward to it, but it has some big shoes to fit in MMORPG atm with Aion racking in alot of people, not to mention before that warhammer for all the warhammer junkies.

my 2cents anyway, i guess we just got to wait for them to come out before we can say they suck.