91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Music (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Plink? (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2686)

MakiMaki 08-18-2012 02:57 PM

Plink?

No, not the goofy game! No, not Pink. The band is called Plink?

I love following more obscure bands that may not get as much recognition. I found out about Plink? thanks to my obsession with Girls Dead Monster.

Plink? was founded by two talented women named Akane and Futami. Akane plays bass and vocals and Futami plays guitar and vocals. They are former members of The Scanty who enjoyed some serious popularity in Japan back in the early 2000's. After The Scanty broke up in 2003 (only after two years on the scene...very strange but there is no press out there about what happened. I follow Yoppy (lead vocals), Futami (lead guitar) and To-Bu (drums) on Twitter but I don't dare ask them about it...prolly none of anyones business right?)

Anyways, back to present time. Akane and Futami were asked by Visual Arts/Key to perform alongside LiSA and marina when Girls Dead Monster was brought to "real-life" for several appearances and tours back in 2010. They were also brought back for Visual Arts 20th anniversary celebration last month as Gldemo was resurrected for another live show along with all of the performers of the various music from all of Visual Arts/Key series (I MUST get that show on bluray when it comes out...I don't care about the cost! LOL)

Plink?'s music is quirky with a lot of synth created content. But after hearing several of their songs on iTunes, I became a fan. Akane and Futami's podcasts are cute and sometimes hilarious with appearances by their blog alter-ego's Arthur (Akane) and Future (Futami) who are rabbit and cat puppets that they made. Even if you don't understand Japanese, it's hilarious to watch them. They act like two sisters almost all of the time.

It was after watching Angel Beats! and being moved by the stories and especially the music that my search turned to find out all about the music. It's when I found out that Akane and Futami were part of this wonderful saga and that's how I was lead to Plink?

TL;DR Go check out Plink? on iTunes!!! NAO! XD

Here are some samples of their music (don't mind the video quality those were my first videos using Windows Movie Maker before I bought Powerdirector 10! LOL):

moonhawk81 08-26-2012 10:05 PM

Re: Plink?

They sound good! Do we play them?

MakiMaki 09-06-2012 12:57 PM

Looks like we don't have them in our catalog. But I've been following Futami on Twitter and am working up the nerve to ask her if they would be interested in sending us some of their music! My last conversation with her indicated that they would love to do a show in the U.S. so I'm hopeful! =)

Cheflelouch 09-06-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adventurous1701 (Post 34669)
My last conversation with her indicated that they would love to do a show in the U.S. so I'm hopeful! =)

Well hopefully it goes well and they can make it for a con here in the States so lets just cross our fingers and pray for it to happen

MakiMaki 10-21-2012 03:03 PM

So Futami sent me the info to buy their CD's online...only problem and she told me this is they don't ship to the U.S. and only take Yen for payment! *cries*

I may know someone who can get them for me when they visit Tokyo next...but if not, anyone going to Japan anytime soon??? HALP!!!

Kanashimi 10-21-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adventurous1701 (Post 34917)
So Futami sent me the info to buy their CD's online...only problem and she told me this is they don't ship to the U.S. and only take Yen for payment! *cries*

I may know someone who can get them for me when they visit Tokyo next...but if not, anyone going to Japan anytime soon??? HALP!!!

Might wanna ask Raug, but I don't know if he'll be going back any time soon.

MakiMaki 10-22-2012 10:56 PM

Hmm, I'll give it a shot. I amused Futami by saying that perhaps I should "roadtrip" to Tokyo to get their CD's myself! XD

Also, all of my links to Plink's music are broken at the moment thanks my account being kabashed! Will fix this soon and fix the links.