91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kana's Korner (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Ask The Kana Thread (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414)

Kanashimi 02-20-2011 09:34 AM

Re: Ask The Kana Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Gravity (Post 27212)
Best Disgaea Character (Not including #4)

Prinny d00d. What else would I answer? xD

Zero Gravity 05-27-2011 12:45 PM

Why is 91.8thefan called 91.8theFan

Kanashimi 05-27-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Gravity (Post 29829)
Why is 91.8thefan called 91.8theFan

Quote:

Q: Why are there numbers in your name? Isn’t that only for terrestrial broadcast?
A: The numbers in our name actual refer to something. Since we started as internet radio, simply take the nine and compare it to the alphabet. You’ll get the letter I. If you use this same principal for eighteen then you will land on the R. This gets you I and R, which stand for “Internet Radio”.
Though properly it's written 91.8 The Fan, there are spaces between words.

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke 05-27-2011 04:58 PM

If a tree falls in the forest, can you make me a sandwich? #srsly

Kanashimi 05-27-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dophanes "D!" Raosuke (Post 29832)
If a tree falls in the forest, can you make me a sandwich? #srsly

Nope, and unlike Cerulaine if you asked me again you can expect a ban as the response. #hand

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke 05-27-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanashimi (Post 29834)
Nope, and unlike Cerulaine if you asked me again you can expect a ban as the response. #hand

#srstable

Zero Gravity 05-28-2011 02:42 PM

Well, whats the deal with "the Fan"

Kanashimi 05-28-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Gravity (Post 29857)
Well, whats the deal with "the Fan"

The Fan refers to being a fan of something. It's not based on solely anime so it can be used in different contexts. That works out for us considering we have different subjects catering to anime, voice acting, video games, music, etc.

chefofdeath 06-02-2011 06:09 PM

kana what led u into this industry?
and what is it that drives u day by day to continue doing this?

Kanashimi 06-03-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefofdeath (Post 29939)
kana what led u into this industry?
and what is it that drives u day by day to continue doing this?

I originally wanted to be an anime voice actress, which is what a lot of fans wish to do when they're fifteen. I thought radio would help me be more confident and strengthen my voice. As I've continued I can't see myself doing anything other than radio because I love it so much. The reason I keep working on 91.8 The Fan is because I love what I do.

Zero Gravity 08-24-2011 10:29 AM

Why am I messaging you on the forums when I can easily talk to you in vent?

Kanashimi 08-24-2011 10:52 AM

Because you be derping

Kibs 08-24-2011 09:16 PM

Do you love me? (now that I can dance) #geee

Kanashimi 08-25-2011 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kibs (Post 30945)
Do you love me? (now that I can dance) #geee

You can dance? What is this I don't even...

jessileo127 08-25-2011 07:31 AM

What was your favorite HP Book / movie?

Kanashimi 08-25-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessileo127 (Post 30955)
What was your favorite HP Book / movie?

HP? Like Harry Potter?

I've never really been a big fan. In all truth I hate J.K. Rowling's writing style personally. Her crucial eye to detail is so derailing from the actual point of the story it makes me want to fall asleep. When the first book came out my mom tried to read it several times to me (as I was young when they released), but I always fell asleep. I picked up Goblet when that came out to give the series a go on my own, but like the sheer amount of useless detail drove me crazy. Sure, she's talented, but not my style.

In contrast, comparing it to Stephen King (one my favorite authors) he often gives details on minor characters or previous events that have happened to the main characters to help give the world and people more depth. It's no where near as mind-numbing.

I do own the first Harry Potter movie on DVD though, it was decent. I've seen up to the... tournament and whatever happened there, I can't remember. Too much of an investment! Eight three hour movies, do not want!

jessileo127 08-26-2011 12:44 AM

Allright, if you dont like a detailed book, what kind of book do you pick up and why? For example when I am bored I pick up Dragonlance and re-read it for the ova nine thousandth time (true fact, I've read the book so much its falling apart :D) Its classed as Fantasy action but most of the time I pick up a book when I'm sad and I like to read fantasy comical ^.^

Kanashimi 08-26-2011 11:04 AM

Well, as I said Stephen King is one of my favorite authors. I'd read most of his stuff, granted his newer stuff I haven't. Dan Brown has some interesting books, Anne Rice, etc. I'm not uber picky, I mean if it has a decent plot I'll begin to read it. I really enjoy books, I just wish I had more time to read honestly.

jessileo127 08-27-2011 12:27 AM

If you had a choice between: Finding a Gene that gives you three wishes but you have to be uber careful with it cause its like a monkeys paw where you have to be careful of your words or he/she will try and twist your words.
Or
A gene that grants one wish but will give anything you want if he thinks it the item/thing you wanted.

What would you choose?

Kanashimi 08-27-2011 11:35 AM

The second one, though they sound suspiciously similar.