91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vidja Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [PC] Mabinogi - What are your... (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568)

MaxDagger 02-03-2010 10:39 AM

Mabinogi - What are your...

Any one here ever played Mabinogi, or for those who have played it...
I would love read (or hear) your opinions about the game.

As for me. I personally love this game. It is the "only" mmo I been playing through and through. Some other mmo's I either quit by the third day, second week, or the first two months. I just love the design, the stories from the Generation Quests (Mainstream Quests.)
Its not your typical grind fest type of game. Also no single class as you can be whatever the heck you want. (depending on how wisely you spend your Ability Points (AP) and what your are aiming to be. (-goes back to the AP thing-)

Here are my characters so far in the game:

Elk 02-06-2010 09:11 AM

Re: Mabinogi - What are your...

If I recall correctly, Mabinogi is the MMO SMT:Imagine "ripped off" when it came to a lot of game design choices.

So if I had the free time to play an MMO I'd probably choose SMT Imagine, because the SMT world is amazing.

But if Mabinogi IS anything like Imagine, then it is probably a great game itself as well, because Imagine was awesome, even without the SMT world to back it up.

chefofdeath 02-08-2010 08:06 PM

but the thing about mabinogi u can only levl to a certin extent then u have to pay i believe and u can only have 1 character and have to pay for extra ones

Llian 02-09-2010 12:06 AM

^Well that sounds lame.

The only online rpg I've been able to play for a long time was Maple Story. I hardly ever play anymore though.

Kibs 02-09-2010 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llian (Post 8980)
^Well that sounds lame.

The only online rpg I've been able to play for a long time was Maple Story. I hardly ever play anymore though.

I remember maplestory

I remember it was nothing but worthless grinding to get to the next level, and then I realized that there was no real purpose in the game other than to level up higher, and I got sad.

Elk 02-10-2010 09:35 AM

I liked The IDEA of Maple Story, but it was definately grind.

It was super innovative, because unless I'm wrong, it was the first MMO (and maybe only) to feature 2D platforming/MVania-esque gameplay. I'd like to see that sort of gameplay polished, and have a good MMO made out of it.

Oni 02-10-2010 03:03 PM

I got to Lv. 17 in MapleStory, and then I got bored. I decided to traverse through the high level Ant Cave before quitting, getting myself stuck in a location I couldn't get out of.

xD