91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vidja Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [Multi] What Chu Playing Nao? (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1866)

Jubilee 02-09-2011 09:40 PM

What Chu Playing Nao?

I can't believe there isn't a thread for this.

Can be on any console...can be any game...brand new or your 57th play through.

I am currently working on a new Final Fantasy X game...(my 15th play through...give or take a few...I lost count since I erased a few of my save files...can't remember)

I just won the Luca Blitzball tourney...

I think it will be a good game.

Will probably play this until Pokemon Black & White are out next month.

Hopefully they will be able to hold my attention for more than a week. :awesome:

mahay 02-09-2011 09:43 PM

Re: What Chu Playing Nao?

Right now is Final Fantasy XIII. I really like it so far, about 22 hours in, trying to save Sazh and Vanille from big shippy thing. I probably don't mind this so-called linear-ness because I play so many fps games.

Next is either fable III or Dead Space II. Or to finish Dead to Rights:Retribution (the game sucks sort of, but it came free when I bought God of War III, so I'm not complaining)

I want to bring some more ps2 games up to my dorm; my room mate brought his ps2 up this week, it's pretty fun.

Mollybibbles 02-09-2011 10:29 PM

Been messing around with Kirby and the Magic Mirror for GBA for a few days between P.T. and classes.
I love the game, but man when those other Kirbies have worn out their welcome, they become a real pain.

I've got Pkm White on pre order, so now.... we wait

Zaig 02-10-2011 01:30 AM

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Persona 4.

Raisin' cute chaos during the morning while solving a murder I've already solved at night. That's how I game. >D

Zero Gravity 02-10-2011 01:55 AM

Batman AA for PS3, and Spiderman Shattered Dimension for the 360 when i'm not forced out of the lviing room, thus abandoning my PS3

SoulArbiter 02-10-2011 03:11 AM

Well now. I've had a lot time off lately, so I guess the list would go something like this:
  • No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
  • Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days
  • To Aru Majutsu no Index
  • Heyxz Force
  • La Pucelle Tactics
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker
  • Valkyria Chronicles 2
  • Team Fortress 2

Yeah. Think that's about it.

mahay 02-10-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulArbiter (Post 26775)
Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days

Any good? I heard that the first one had a horrible and buggy control system

Rhetorical Gamer 02-10-2011 10:05 AM

Bionic Commando, Castlevania 3 and Castlevania 2 on the NES its pretty nostalgic and tough :O

Snapplemonkey 02-10-2011 12:17 PM

I've been working on my Mass Effect characters in preparations for Mass Effect 3! Want to make my two specific Paragon and Renegade characters exactly the way I want them for the third installment.

Paragon Female Sheppard who loves Liara T'soni.
Renegade Male Sheppard who boinks every female he stumbles upon (human off course, because renegade Sheppard is racist).

grimdefeat 02-10-2011 12:58 PM

WoW, okami, ico, tf2

mahay 02-10-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapplemonkey (Post 26794)
(human off course, because renegade Sheppard is racist).

'nuff said.

My First Sheppard was a female paragon soldier who had a thing going with Liara

SoulArbiter 02-10-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahay (Post 26785)
Any good? I heard that the first one had a horrible and buggy control system

Then what you've heard is correct. The first had a terrible control system. The cover mechanic was governed by how you situated your character against a wall or environment and camera angle. Reloading was similar to that of Enter the Matrix, where the character would reload whenever you weren't doing anything. Running was also a stamina issue, where your character would eventually just get tired and decide to stop running after 10 steps.

These are resolved in Dog Days by assigning taking cover to an actual button, reloading and sprinting were also given button, which helped tremendously. Stamina is also no longer an issue, which is great because being shot to death because you decided to stop running was really friggin' annoying. A much more satisfying and enjoyable experience can be had with Dog Days as opposed to Dead Men (the first Kane and Lynch).

mahay 02-10-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulArbiter (Post 26801)
Then what you've heard is correct. The first had a terrible control system. The cover mechanic was governed by how you situated your character against a wall or environment and camera angle. Reloading was similar to that of Enter the Matrix, where the character would reload whenever you weren't doing anything. Running was also a stamina issue, where your character would eventually just get tired and decide to stop running after 10 steps.

These are resolved in Dog Days by assigning taking cover to an actual button, reloading and sprinting were also given button, which helped tremendously. Stamina is also no longer an issue, which is great because being shot to death because you decided to stop running was really friggin' annoying. A much more satisfying and enjoyable experience can be had with Dog Days as opposed to Dead Men (the first Kane and Lynch).

I might have to check it out if I can get it bogo from Blockbuster or something. Thanks #thumbsup

EagleEyes 02-10-2011 09:15 PM

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 for PC :)

Jubilee 02-10-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleEyes (Post 26813)
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 for PC :)

:)

...This Carmen Sandiego game for FaceBook...

Avoid it if you enjoy your sanity. #stare

Gatx 02-10-2011 10:02 PM

Not playing it currently but waiting on Jeanne D'Arc to arrive, recently bought it on Amazon. I normally don't like SRPGs but was intrigued by the anim-ization of historical characters ever since it came out and finally gave in.

mahay 02-10-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubilee (Post 26814)
...This Carmen Sandiego game for FaceBook...

Maybe I should check this out. I've never been one for Facebook games, but maybe this is different enough from farmville for me to actually like it

Jubilee 02-11-2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahay (Post 26817)
Maybe I should check this out. I've never been one for Facebook games, but maybe this is different enough from farmville for me to actually like it

It totally isn't different from Farmville. :ha:

But, I don't care. Tis Carmen Sandiego! #poplar

ZshadowX 02-11-2011 05:34 PM

Monster hunter Tri ( its ruining my life )
Okami ( Japanese culture is pretty O_O)
Donkey Kong 2 ( old school)
animal Crossing ( Need to pay off my house)
Mario Galaxy 2 ( what am i doing?)
~ yup pretty much playing with my Wii ><

mahay 02-13-2011 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZshadowX (Post 26851)
pretty much playing with my Wii ><

That's funny, I lent mine to a friend so that they could play Epic Mickey, but they kind of got frustrated with the game and stopped playing but have yet to return the console...