91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Manga (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Favorite Mangakas (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=854)

Llian 04-18-2010 11:34 PM

Favorite Mangakas

Hey guys I couldn't help but notice how kinda dead this section is... Tell me your favorite mangakas! #yuki

For me, it'd have to be Takeshi Obata as an artist because his work is very admirable and beautiful; and Urasawa Naoki as a writer because I love psychological stuff and his manga's just take the cake in that category for me. His stores are written very well and it's easy to immerse yourself in the story.

So tell me, who's your favorite Mangaka and why?

I'm going to write a review on the different styles of mangaka's so I need your help in finding out the most famous ones and your tastes as well. Who knows, your favorite mangaka could make it on the list. #ohno

Zero Gravity 04-19-2010 01:48 AM

Re: Favorite Mangakas

HighSchool of the Dead - It speaks for itself, it's got BOOBS! ZOMBIES! MORE BOOBS! it's just such a great Manga to read!

YuYU Hakusho - I love the artwork despite how poorly it may seem, fights are great too.

thats really as far as I got for dedicated Manga

Lite 04-19-2010 11:11 AM

Hiromu Arakawa all the way for me. Any mangaka able to come up with a series as fantastic as Fullmetal Alchemist and make it look so great is well worth being a favourite ^^

Also, the ladies at CLAMP with Tsubasa - that manga looks so good, as well as having a great storyline! I also like the variation to the generic body proportions, pretty cool.

It's only now I've realised how many female Mangaka's there are. Interesting. :O

Camajak 04-19-2010 01:10 PM

I would say Natsuki Takaya. Not just for her works with Fruits Basket, but also her new work, Twinkle Stars. Which I own! In French! lol. I got it in Canada cuz they don't have it in English yet...
Her style greatly improved over the course of Fruits Basket, and I found it absolutely beautiful and a lot less shojo-y by the end. :) Which, in my opinion is a lot better.
Also, my art style now is greatly influenced by her later works, so I give kudos to Takaya-sama. Oh, and her real last name is Hatake! Friggin awesome! lol

ZshadowX 04-19-2010 03:26 PM

Hiro Mashima, I just think his style is real good. somehow it remind of One Piece.....
Anyways....
The main characters in his manga are named after seasons btw:
Rave (Haru=Spring)
Fairy Tail (Natsu=Summer)
Monster Soul (Aki=Autumn)
Monster Hunter Orage (Shiki=Four Seasons)

I already finish Monster soul and Monster Hunter Orage.... I just started Fairy Tail, so far its really good

Chris 04-20-2010 11:23 AM

I'm going to be extremely generic, and say Tite Kubo. Bleach was the FIRST Manga I ever read, and I owe the fact that I'm even here to the amazing first arcs in Bleach. I never read anything as intently as I did the first so many volumes of Bleach, I even talked to my librarian, and she ordered all the volumes that had been released for me in the library. Those were the days...

Llian 04-20-2010 01:06 PM

I wish everyone else liked Kubo and his work like that. #sad