91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Feedback (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   The "Unread Posts" thing (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392)

ApolloNoUta 01-10-2010 11:01 PM

The "Unread Posts" thing

Is there anyway to get rid of it? I am hoping so, because sometimes I will arrive on the forums and it will say that there are 400-600 unread posts and I think it would take forever to try and click on the actual links to the threads to make the number up there go down. I didn't see an option to hide it when I checked in the User Control Panel so I was wondering if perhaps I wasn't looking in the right place.

If someone can help with my problem or at least give me some insight I would greatly appreciate it. Please and thank you!

Oni 01-10-2010 11:03 PM

Re: The "Unread Posts" thing

Recommended course of action: Check out the threads.

May I remind you of the time you responded to every single intro thread? That morning was hell.

But, no. There is no way to disable the unread posts notification on the top right.

ApolloNoUta 01-10-2010 11:08 PM

Don't worry, I don't plan to do that again. I don't know what was going through my head >_<

Thank you for the information regarding the issue though.

Oni 01-10-2010 11:10 PM

Hey, it makes me happy though. It's nice to see the forum so active.

EagleEyes 01-11-2010 12:00 AM

Just ignore it. If worst come to worst put a post it note on your screen.

Raug 01-11-2010 03:37 AM

What you can do is click the "Mark Forums Read" button at the bottom of the page. It's basically just there to give you a quick view of how much has happened. It may also not seem like it's going down because every time your session expires, it starts counting again. That just means there's a steady amount of activity between your visits.

Shin_No_Kokoro 01-11-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApolloNoUta (Post 4226)
Is there anyway to get rid of it? I am hoping so, because sometimes I will arrive on the forums and it will say that there are 400-600 unread posts and I think it would take forever to try and click on the actual links to the threads to make the number up there go down. I didn't see an option to hide it when I checked in the User Control Panel so I was wondering if perhaps I wasn't looking in the right place.

If someone can help with my problem or at least give me some insight I would greatly appreciate it. Please and thank you!

I actually do this everyday and i find it kinda convinient since i don't have to go thrught every thread to find the one post i was lookin for. Its not so tyring if ur keeping track of what you want to read, just my opinion tho:durhur:

ApolloNoUta 01-11-2010 11:23 PM

@Raug- Thank you, I forgot that was an option! XD

@Shin_No_Kokoro- For that, you can always subscribe to a thread :D

chefofdeath 01-12-2010 08:54 AM

and if putting a note on ur computer doesnt work get an eye patch for ur right eye