91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vidja Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [Multi] The worst game you've ever played (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1340)

Leviathan Mist 09-02-2010 12:47 AM

The worst game you've ever played

Basically, tell us what the worst game you've ever played is and why. You have to have played the game though. Just watching an AVGN review of it doesn't count. Also, this is about bad games ONLY - preferably games which are notorious for being bad. I'm trying to keep this thread within the rules and avoid flame wars.

That being said, the worst game I've had the misfortune of playing was Shaq-Fu for SNES. The game is plagued by god-awful controls and a concept/storyline which is just ridiculously stupid. Who thought it was a good idea to market Shaquille O'Neal in a fighting game with a bunch of half-assed characters? Also, don't forget to cover the game with Pepsi ads, because that was the thing back then. I think Nike has appearances as well. It's so bad, there's actually a website devoted to the collection and destruction of every Shaq-Fu cartridge in existence. I'm glad I got rid of this game, it's a steaming pile of sewage which should be buried in a 600 foot hole and never allowed to resurface.

EagleEyes 09-02-2010 12:53 AM

Re: The worst game you've ever played

Mario 64.... Don't ask why. I just hate it.

Leviathan Mist 09-02-2010 12:55 AM

Ah, I liked Mario 64, but it wasn't my favorite Mario game... the penguin level was awesome though :D

Jubilee 09-02-2010 06:13 AM

Bubsy 3D yo.

It is a platformer...

but you fall through boxes and such...

or you just get stuck somewhere random...

it is a horrible game...

#snotty

Tsundere 09-02-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleEyes (Post 19198)
Mario 64.... Don't ask why. I just hate it.

Ummm why?

Lets see it would have to be.... Tales of phantasia on the GBA. Yes I hear it has a good story but the version on the GBA is broken as there is button lag and the battles move in slo-mo and makes it virtually unplayable.

ZshadowX 09-02-2010 05:23 PM

I still have my Shaq-Fu for SNES!!

what should I do?

Leviathan Mist 09-02-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZshadowX (Post 19215)
I still have my Shaq-Fu for SNES!!

what should I do?

1. Take hammer.
2. Smash into millions of tiny pieces.
3. ???
4. Profit

Llian 09-02-2010 08:15 PM

EE how could you hate Mario 64??

Lite 09-02-2010 10:05 PM

Street Fighter IV. I'm sorry, but that game is downright horrible. .______.
4 hours to get to Seth and then the git just jumps around the stage left right and center. By 2am, I could no longer be bothered with the proclaimed 'Easy Mode' and got a refund the next day.... with which I bought Ratchet and Clank. All better now :3

EagleEyes 09-02-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lite (Post 19224)
Street Fighter IV. I'm sorry, but that game is downright horrible. .______.
4 hours to get to Seth and then the git just jumps around the stage left right and center. By 2am, I could no longer be bothered with the proclaimed 'Easy Mode' and got a refund the next day.... with which I bought Ratchet and Clank. All better now :3

#heartwink

I HATE HATE HATE THAT GAME TOO!

Zehutsumei 09-03-2010 03:02 AM

I can't really pinpoint the worst game, but the game I hated the most was Castlevania: Judgement. The game is nearly unplayable without a Classic Controller, the characters are heavily unbalanced, with Garland being able to teleport at a whim, the camera is completely useless, and since the artwork is done by Death Note artist Takeshi Obata, the characters look nothing like their original selves with Maria looking like an underage Misa and Simon Belmont looking like Light Yagami in black leather.

chefofdeath 09-03-2010 09:15 AM

the worst game of all time is VAMPIRE RAIN . . . . . u have to be mad stealthy to avoid the vampires but there is a part where u cant and they know exactly were u are u have no chance to kill em at all one hit and its all over what a joke

grimdefeat 09-03-2010 09:28 AM

big mother trucker 2: truck me harder
that game was horrible even the title says hey im gonna suck

Leviathan Mist 09-03-2010 11:48 AM

I'm still trying to get my hands on a copy of Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing

I want to see what all the commotion is about.

Kate 09-04-2010 09:39 AM

Worst game I've played... Hmm.. Had to been Herdy Gerdy. So stupid.

Leviathan Mist 09-05-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate (Post 19247)
Worst game I've played... Hmm.. Had to been Herdy Gerdy. So stupid.

I just watched a Youtube video of that. It looks hilarious! Don't think I could sit down and play it though, looks like it's good for just a few minutes of comic relief :P

Kate 09-05-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathan Mist (Post 19332)
I just watched a Youtube video of that. It looks hilarious! Don't think I could sit down and play it though, looks like it's good for just a few minutes of comic relief :P

I hated it. Didn't even find it funny.

Zero Gravity 09-08-2010 09:59 AM

last year...
I played Two Worlds.... facepalm

Kate 09-08-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Gravity (Post 19406)
last year...
I played Two Worlds.... facepalm

If it had been "Worst Game You Watched", then I would have chose Two Worlds. That was purely awful. Seriously.. And, it's getting a sequel?? No thanks.

Leviathan Mist 09-10-2010 02:59 PM

So we were talking in IRC about how tomorrow is September 11th, and I remembered seeing this video for one of the worst games ever made:

Not sure which concept is worse, Bin Laden vs. USA or Super Columbine Massacre RPG. Both games are absolutely dreadful though.