91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vidja Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [Multi] DJ Hero (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68)

Kanashimi 11-16-2009 01:11 AM

DJ Hero

Been playing this a lot lately, I actually enjoy it far more then any other music game (DDR, Karaoke Revolution, Rock Band, etc). I was playing on medium for a bit, getting five stars on all the songs on that difficulty before I switched to hard. I'm still shaky on the higher difficulties, but it's still a lot of fun.

I'm having troubles with finding people to play with though. D:

Anyone else enjoying the fact Daft Punk is in a game?! :eek:

Shadows_Revenge 11-16-2009 06:51 AM

Re: DJ Hero

Ive actually been looking into getting DJ Hero for awhile now, but now that it is out I cant see myself spending the 120 bucks to get it. It looks addicting and totally worth it, but I would like to try it first, and so far I havent found a friend with it. I am a huge fan of DJ culture, but I just cant see myself playing this by myself. I would rather use it for like some entertainment, which I heard it isnt suited for that.

EagleEyes 11-16-2009 01:37 PM

Hmmmm. It seems like one of those games I would play once and never look at again. I.E. Guitar Hero.

Kanashimi 11-16-2009 03:29 PM

Yeah, the sales on DJ Hero would pretty poor in general, which is why it's hard to find a person to play with online or a friend.

I was debating to get the game or not, but it's just enjoyable. I think a lot of it is due to the tracks. I'm not really into rap or hip-hop, but I love techno. It was so great to see Daft Punk in the game as well as some of their other artists included in the game. I think it has a lot prospect as a musical game, and I guess I sort of like it since it doesn't need to be a party game. When you play Rock Band or whatever, it's not as fun unless you have friends, but DJ Hero doesn't compel me to have enough friends over for a band.

Elc1247 11-16-2009 06:59 PM

i hear its a pretty fun game, though the insane price tag is going to keep people from buying it, since it is an untested (first of the series) and not very advertised game.

i tried the game for about 5 min at best buy... it was alright, im guessing its much better when you play on your own terms though and get better at it.

Kibs 11-18-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanashimi (Post 284)
Yeah, the sales on DJ Hero would pretty poor in general, which is why it's hard to find a person to play with online or a friend.

I was debating to get the game or not, but it's just enjoyable. I think a lot of it is due to the tracks. I'm not really into rap or hip-hop, but I love techno. It was so great to see Daft Punk in the game as well as some of their other artists included in the game. I think it has a lot prospect as a musical game, and I guess I sort of like it since it doesn't need to be a party game. When you play Rock Band or whatever, it's not as fun unless you have friends, but DJ Hero doesn't compel me to have enough friends over for a band.

I'll play the guitar tracks with you <3

Kanashimi 11-18-2009 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kibs (Post 414)
I'll play the guitar tracks with you <3

Hah, awesome, I need that trophy. xP

Elc1247 12-06-2009 02:21 AM

i saw DJ hero at costco for $89 USD... isnt it usually $120 for the entire set? though its not like i can afford it even when its $89...

Kanashimi 12-06-2009 02:57 AM

Yeah, it's a $120.00 USD, but I've seen some used copies going for around $79.99 to $89.99. It is also the holiday season, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a deal going on.