91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hello everyone! (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1634)

Momoko 12-10-2010 07:37 AM

Hello everyone!

Hm, what to say? I'm Momo, nice to "meet" you. I honestly don't know how to go about explaining what type of person I am, but I'll give it my best shot. I love Manga and Anime, I can be found most weekends browsing our local book store for new releases. I enjoy art as well, which is probably why Manga appeals to me so much. (Lets face it, a good story line with some amazing art to shape our view of the environment around the characters? That should be a good thing in anyone's book.)

I like sketching and painting, mostly I do people (because I'm crud at backgrounds!) but I also enjoy sketching wildlife. I would rather sit at home with hot chocolate and read a good book than go out and party, but I do love to have a good time. Music is my life and is one of my best outlets in life. (I'm a huge Miyavi and Dir en Grey fan.)

I actually found 91.8 The Fan by accident, but I'm glad I did! So far it's proven to be an interesting and engaging site, and I love listening to the radio. Other than what I've said already I don't really know what else to put, but I'm up for answering any questions!

Leviathan Mist 12-10-2010 07:41 AM

Re: Hello everyone!

Helloes! Your name is omega kawaii~ What's your favorite anime/manga?

You should pop into the IRC, because you're missing half the fun!

Momoko 12-10-2010 07:45 AM

That's one of the few things I haven't checked out yet, but I'll hop on over soon! :)

Favorite manga/anime? Hm.. I grew up on Sailor Moon so that will always be my number one, but I can honestly say that after reading the Manga I much prefer that to the Anime. Favorite Manga by far is a toss up between Naruto (because I am SUCH a Narutard) and Air Gear. My obsession with them knows practically no bounds.

Although Psyren might just be up there with them soon.

Leviathan Mist 12-10-2010 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momoko (Post 23894)
That's one of the few things I haven't checked out yet, but I'll hop on over soon! :)

Favorite manga/anime? Hm.. I grew up on Sailor Moon so that will always be my number one, but I can honestly say that after reading the Manga I much prefer that to the Anime. Favorite Manga by far is a toss up between Naruto (because I am SUCH a Narutard) and Air Gear. My obsession with them knows practically no bounds.

Although Psyren might just be up there with them soon.

EagleEyes is gonna love you. :P

jessileo127 12-10-2010 08:23 AM

Hi there ^.^
Its allways nice to see new people ^.^
have you heard of Negima!? Mohoui sensei Negima? (cant spell i know)
if so Isnt it been epic lately?

Momoko 12-10-2010 08:24 AM

Oh? Why is that? Oh wait! EagleEyes is obsessed with Air Gear I'm guessing? :D I love them already.

Hi Jessileo! I'm way behind on Negima, as I actually only just started reading it. But I have heard from a few friends that are really big fans that the storyline has been crazy and awesome. It makes me want to read faster so I can catch up!

Leviathan Mist 12-10-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momoko (Post 23898)
Oh? Why is that? Oh wait! EagleEyes is obsessed with Air Gear I'm guessing? :D I love them already.

Things to say to EagleEyes:

"Shizune and Ringo are awesome."
"I want to listen to Mell, Skankfunk, and Mini Moni."
"This is what I do, I sit on you!"
"I play Pokemon."

Momoko 12-10-2010 08:48 AM

Hahahaha, EagleEyes sounds quite amazing. And I DO play Pokemon. My guilty pleasure, probably the only reason I bought a DS honestly, seeing as Pokemon is the only game I have for it. :P It's one of my many guilty pleasures actually.

Leviathan Mist 12-10-2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momoko (Post 23902)
Hahahaha, EagleEyes sounds quite amazing. And I DO play Pokemon. My guilty pleasure, probably the only reason I bought a DS honestly, seeing as Pokemon is the only game I have for it. :P It's one of my many guilty pleasures actually.

Indeed, there's a whole thread on it in the gaming section. As for me, I only beat the original Blue version. It's a great game, but I just don't get around to playing games as often as I'd like anymore :/

Momoko 12-10-2010 08:57 AM

Yeah, I don't get to play much of anything these days. But I do keep my DS laying close by so when a random bout of freedom happens I can lose myself to the cuteness of all thinks Pokemon. That or hide away in my living room and drown myself in Manga, either way works for me!

Jubilee 12-10-2010 09:14 AM

Welcome! I see you are getting off to a good foot! :awesome:

I hope you enjoy everything here...and that you have a great time! #poplar

...Plus, we should totally have a Pokemon Battle sometime #thumbup

Momoko 12-10-2010 09:16 AM

Hi! :) Thanks. Yes, Mist has been amazing. I'm sure I'll enjoy myself! I already have actually, hahaha. Ooo! Pokemon Battle sounds awesome :)

Leviathan Mist 12-10-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubilee (Post 23905)
Welcome! I see you are getting off to a good foot! :awesome:

I hope you enjoy everything here...and that you have a great time! #poplar

...Plus, we should totally have a Pokemon Battle sometime #thumbup

Things to say to Jubi:

"Caaaarl! That kills people!"
"Lady Gaga and Cardcaptor Sakura are awesome."
"I want to listen to Ali Project."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momoko (Post 23906)
Hi! :) Thanks. Yes, Mist has been amazing. I'm sure I'll enjoy myself! I already have actually, hahaha. Ooo! Pokemon Battle sounds awesome :)

I feel loved <3

Momoko 12-10-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathan Mist (Post 23908)
I feel loved <3

You are! :) Cardcaptor Sakura: The cutest anime ever. I do so love her. She's adorable!

PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB 12-10-2010 10:16 AM

PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB would like to welcome you to the Fan. Bob does want to warn you that contact with EagleEyes does have the following side effects: Feeling like you can fly, Being Super Special Awsome, and that your a kangaroo. Bob is sure you'll have fun, now go catch up on Negima!?

Jubilee 12-10-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momoko (Post 23909)
You are! :) Cardcaptor Sakura: The cutest anime ever. I do so love her. She's adorable!

Oh...you will go far here, my friend! :awesome:

Kate 12-10-2010 01:21 PM

Welcome, new people person, to 91.8 The Fan! EE is an awesome person and he doesn't bite... much. Glad you found the site! Hope we can become friends.

:D

twillÿ 12-10-2010 09:30 PM

Hello and well met! I hope you stick around! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. :3

grimdefeat 12-10-2010 10:57 PM

welcome to the forums heres a cookie you will get another one if you go to the irc and chat with people

ZshadowX 12-10-2010 11:06 PM

~ wave Hi @ Momoko
Welcome!