91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Manga (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Manga Collection (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2429)

Cheflelouch 04-04-2012 10:39 PM

Manga Collection

Well for a while now I have wonder if the Fans here in the forum have a Manga collection and how big is
so far my count is 207 Mangas for which I only have 3 complete while in others I'm missing volumes cause I could not find them on a book store (

my manga collection as is in alphabetical order goes

.hack//G.U
Berserk
Black God Bleach
Code Geass
Chibi Vampire (aka Karin)
Eyeshield 21
Fallen Vampire
Fairy Tail
Fate stay night
Strawberry Panic
FLCL
Freezing (Jap-Korean)
Fullmetal Alchemist
Gundam 00
Hetalia
Highschool of the dead (all the volumes that have come so far)
Kashimashi (complete)
Jing King of bandits
King of thorns (complete)
Negima
Night School
Onepice
Pretty Face (complete)
Ranma 1/2
Rosario+Vampire
Shaman King (Complete)
少年王女:Shounen Oujo Aka Boy Princess (Jap)
Soul eater
Utena
Vampire Knight
When they Cry
Your & My Secret

victorious0702 04-04-2012 11:29 PM

Re: Manga Collection

out of your list I havent read the following, let me know if they are worth reading.
Fallen Vampire
Kashimashi
Your and my Secret
King of Thorns
Pretty Face

As for my manga collection I only brought one from Japan with me
Full Metal Alchemist(complete)

Cheflelouch 04-05-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorious0702 (Post 33448)
out of your list I havent read the following, let me know if they are worth reading.
Fallen Vampire
Kashimashi
Your and my Secret
King of Thorns
Pretty Face

As for my manga collection I only brought one from Japan with me
Full Metal Alchemist(complete)

Well Fallen Vampire its a Drama story about thousands of years in the past the king of the vampires in a war against the humans betray his army in order to get his queen back that was sealed by the humans, and most free her before the Black Swan (that resided in young human girls) grows strong nought to kill him.
The story is very interesting because everything happen involving the like of the king who took the choices he considered the best but ended in him been the worst person in existence.

The story involves a boy that after he was rejected by the girl he love decide to go to the mountains in order to clear his mind but there an aline spaceship crash killing him, the alien felling sorry reconstruct his body but as a Girl.
Kashimashi is a YURI story so if you are not a yuri fan then I wont recommend it

In the future there is a sickness called medusa syndrome that turn people into stone, the people that in infected are taken to a facillity were they are put to sleep with the promise that in the future there will be a cure. After and unknow amount of years they all wake up and found that the word in in apocalipsis, and now a few of them most uncover the true about that sindrome and be able to cure it before their time runs out.

This is actually one of my favorite stories and I love it its only six volumes but the story is fantastic I highly recomend it

This manga is a comedy that I like a lot, his a story about a delinquent that after an accident wakes up and his face is all mest up finding that now he shared the same face as the girl he love and fate its going against him when he is found by that girl who miss confuse him for her older twin sister that run away

moonhawk81 04-05-2012 08:56 AM

i'm impressed, Chef! my entire manga collection consists of Yotsuba&! and Translucent, neither set of which is completely up-to-date yet.

Cheflelouch 04-05-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonhawk81 (Post 33450)
i'm impressed, Chef! my entire manga collection consists of Yotsuba&! and Translucent, neither set of which is completely up-to-date yet.

Well I made most of my collection while I was on HS in one year I got over 100 but after Borders went broke I have only punched a few books here and there till I got to were I am

Mollybibbles 04-07-2012 06:21 PM

A lot of my collection is from middle school and early high school, so don't judge me.
Alichino
Alice in the Country of Hearts
Case Closed
Clover
FMA
Gente
Godchild
House of Five Leaves
Kare Kano
La Quinta Camera
Legal Drug
Marmalade Boy
Not Simple
Ristorante Paradiso
Silver Diamond
Tesoro
Trinity Blood (LN) RAM & ROM
Vassalord
Yotsuba! (JP)
xxxHolic

There's 20th Century Boys, Eagle, Monster (JP), Mail and Drops of God on my shelf but they belong to my roommate.

Cheflelouch 04-07-2012 06:29 PM

Molly no worries nobody is here to judge some of those series are good while others I have never heard before

and I also have Hellsing vol 1, 2, 3 ,4 but they are from my brother and not part of my collection

Kusari 04-12-2012 10:53 AM

I'm sitting on a big list, but my noticeable ones to me are:

Death Note
DiGi Charat
Fruits Basket
Gravitation
Loveless
Monster Hunter Orage

Cheflelouch 04-24-2012 09:49 PM

Updated manga Collection
I add the first volumes of two series that I was lucky to find in the original language

Bobby Henshin 04-26-2012 04:39 AM

sold all my manga cause I needed the money

moonhawk81 04-26-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Henshin (Post 33614)
sold all my manga cause I needed the money

Ouch. Did that with my comic collection years ago. Lost some beautiful first editions, but the kids ate and the lights stayed on. Hold on, you'll bounce back!

Cheflelouch 07-25-2012 03:45 AM

Well another Update on my manga collection I got 20 more mangas than last time