91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anime (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Where do you purchase your Anime? (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285)

Chris 01-04-2010 04:49 PM

Where do you purchase your Anime?

What's going on forum?

Like i've mentioned a few times already, I'm from Canada and anime is pretty scarce, I have yet to find a store that sells box sets. So I purchase mine from Amazon.ca I find they usually have good deals if you look hard enough.

So this begs the question, where do you purchase your anime from? Do you take the iTunes route? Maybe you have that neat little store that sells you all your anime?

Oni 01-04-2010 05:01 PM

Re: Where do you purchase your Anime?

I usually buy my anime from sites like amazon.com or places like Borders or Kinokuniya Books.

I also have a store down the road called Game Trader's that sells anime.

Zodiac_Blader 01-04-2010 05:19 PM

HMV has the largest store selection I've seen where I am, Amazon is good if you have a credit card to be using since they don't accept pay pal T_T

Kanashimi 01-04-2010 05:45 PM

Suncoast usually, but now strictly the internet.

Chris 01-04-2010 06:13 PM

Zodiac - Yeah I have to use my parents which isn't always convenient but I have a hard team beating their prices, especially since they offer free shipping to orders over a certain price. What kind of selection does your HMV have? I went to here in London and the only thing I saw was one Bleach box set. I might go back and see again.

Zodiac_Blader 01-04-2010 07:10 PM

Here in calgary they have about a full shelf plus a bit to anime, mind you they only carry some of the more known titles.

Force-A-Nature 01-04-2010 08:46 PM

Here in California we have these mythical and magical shops named "Suncoast" and "Best Buy". Usually buy my stuff from these places, but when I can, I always check the local Big Lots. Yes. Big Lots. I bought all the BECK DVDs there for 3 bucks a piece.

EagleEyes 01-05-2010 12:53 AM

JB HiFi - My favorite store ever XD

IPaidthePrice 01-05-2010 02:33 AM

There is this national store called Manga City, it pwns, so that's where I go.

DJ M.O.T.D 01-05-2010 02:37 AM

HMV, Waterstones, WH SMith, Amazon, Ebay.
Anywhere i can grab it really.

TheDrunkenShadow 01-05-2010 01:38 PM

Used to buy from the local Suncoast, but they closed. Now its Amazon all the way.

Lesserpawn 01-05-2010 03:33 PM

I go to amazon. There really are no shops anywhere near me that sell anime (although whenever I'm in Glasgow I pop into Forbidden Planet).

MinatoArisato1028 01-05-2010 03:48 PM

My local Wal-Mart which they have naruto,naruto shippuden,bleach, and dragonballz( and pretty much anime that are on or have been on TV)

Justp94 01-09-2010 12:01 AM

I Recommend using RightStuf.com Best prices anytime any where..

:O!! 40% off FUNimation titles until January 18th if anyone cares LOL

Shadowblade Edge 01-09-2010 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justp94 (Post 3483)
I Recommend using RightStuf.com Best prices anytime any where..

Actually DVDpacific seems to have generally better prices, even with the Funi sale AND the Got Anime thing all that stuff is only barely cheaper it seems. Don't know about they're shipping though, especially internationally, but I just bought $80 worth of crap and it shipped free.

Oni 01-09-2010 02:56 AM

Amazon can get you some pretty good prices too, depending on where you look on the site. You can find the series from other sellers on the site for almost half the retail price.

christmas4477 01-09-2010 08:03 AM

I use RightStuf, but lately I'm getting my manga cheap at Amazon.

ace8489 01-09-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Force-A-Nature (Post 2738)
Here in California we have these mythical and magical shops named "Suncoast" and "Best Buy". Usually buy my stuff from these places, but when I can, I always check the local Big Lots. Yes. Big Lots. I bought all the BECK DVDs there for 3 bucks a piece.

Yeah big lots has some good ones for cheap.I got Beck from there to and some other good anime.I also go to overstock.com there a place that you wouldnt think have anime but they do and I find it can be cheaper then amazon

Justp94 01-09-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowblade Edge (Post 3506)
Actually DVDpacific seems to have generally better prices, even with the Funi sale AND the Got Anime thing all that stuff is only barely cheaper it seems. Don't know about they're shipping though, especially internationally, but I just bought $80 worth of crap and it shipped free.

You have an option for free shipping also. But with free shipping usually takes 5 - 10 business days to be delivered. Rightstuf.com is like the only place i will order anime from because i have never been disappointed with any of their products! LOL

Bonediddly 01-11-2010 09:50 AM

From the local manga/comics/anime/geekiness store.