91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Television (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   NCIS (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1661)

EagleEyes 12-20-2010 03:50 PM

NCIS

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Hd-UzBj9kl.../ncis-logo.png

My favorite series (Of the non animated variety). Is there any one else out there that is a fan of the show. I love the show and wants people to talk to #hand

mahay 12-20-2010 04:04 PM

Re: NCIS

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleEyes (Post 24328)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Hd-UzBj9kl.../ncis-logo.png

My favorite series (Of the non animated variety). Is there any one else out there that is a fan of the show. I love the show and wants people to talk to #hand

I've seen a few episodes of this, but I never got into the habit of watching it. Maybe I should, What, in your opinion, makes it really cool and why I should watch it? #oh?

Zero Gravity 12-20-2010 04:05 PM

This without a doubt my favorite non Anime show OF ALL TIME

I was sooooooo happy when they offed Kate and replaced her with Ziva, Kate was just too much of a feminist for my taste and to naive...

Oh how I wish Ziva would interrogate me....

EagleEyes 12-20-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahay (Post 24330)
I've seen a few episodes of this, but I never got into the habit of watching it. Maybe I should, What, in your opinion, makes it really cool and why I should watch it? #oh?

I think you should. The cast is amazing and it is beyond your average "cop" show. They actually develop as the series goes on, but it never soley focuses on one character.

When I dislike somethingI can talk for hours about why i don't like it. How ever when I really like something like this, I can't really describe it. 10 thumbs up though!

Kate 12-20-2010 07:50 PM

I love this show. Probably the best non-animated series ever, for me.

Ziva is awesome. That is all. xD

PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB 12-20-2010 09:43 PM

PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB had never seen the series until he got stuck watching it with LittleD. Probably one of the best things that ever happened to Bob. Bob still can't decide who is better though, Abby or Ziva.#omgveryno

mahay 12-20-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleEyes (Post 24332)
When I dislike somethingI can talk for hours about why i don't like it. How ever when I really like something like this, I can't really describe it. 10 thumbs up though!

Sounds awesome, I'm going to have to look this up then! Hopefully someplace like hulu would have it so I could still watch it when I'm back at my dorms.

jessileo127 12-21-2010 03:35 AM

NCIS Is repeated every night on most channels in England so I know most of the story... I wont say I dislike it, Nor will I say I am completely in love with it...

EagleEyes 12-21-2010 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB (Post 24340)
PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB had never seen the series until he got stuck watching it with LittleD. Probably one of the best things that ever happened to Bob. Bob still can't decide who is better though, Abby or Ziva.#omgveryno

Ziva!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nerdwerld 12-21-2010 04:50 PM

AMY! is mine!

Rhetorical Gamer 12-21-2010 05:49 PM

NCIS = Awesome

Zero Gravity 12-21-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerdwerld (Post 24368)
AMY! is mine!

Amy? o_o

moonhawk81 12-23-2010 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB (Post 24340)

Abby. Sorry, but working with an officer from another department is generally a pain in the _ss. Working with someone from a whole different government--I can only imagine. I enjoy the show, but elements of it are completely unrealistic, and those bits nag me. Ziva's continued presence is one such element. A foreign operative might be brought in to assist with a specific case, but would never be allowed to continue in indefinite Stateside operation. Just sayin'.

EagleEyes 12-23-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonhawk81 (Post 24440)
Abby. Sorry, but working with an officer from another department is generally a pain in the _ss. Working with someone from a whole different government--I can only imagine. I enjoy the show, but elements of it are completely unrealistic, and those bits nag me. Ziva's continued presence is one such element. A foreign operative might be brought in to assist with a specific case, but would never be allowed to continue in indefinite Stateside operation. Just sayin'.

Ziva once killed a man with a credit card, your point is no longer valid.

Mollybibbles 12-23-2010 10:34 PM

NCIS is fantastic, albeit a tad clichéd at times. Though I have lacked a tv since August, I watch it when I can, but it still remains a favorite. And, this should go without saying, Mark Harmon is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine XD
I'm a McGee fan myself, though.

mahay 12-24-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mollybibbles (Post 24458)
albeit a tad clichéd at times.

Any ahows in the strain of this one that aren't at times? That's why they stay popular :awesome: hehe

InfernoParadox 01-01-2011 12:44 AM

I watch NCIS when its on, havent really followed the story, although ive seen so much of it that i understand it all. My second favorite mystery/detective show right after Psych

gannon133 01-01-2011 01:29 PM

I watch this show from time to time. I say it's one of those shows that really know how to make their characters be in the story than use them to drive it (like Law & Order or CSI). I can see some things that some people don't like, but I still like them.

To me, it wasn't to show the "professionalism" of how the NCIS teams do their jobs, but make it more enjoyable. I don't like some other cop shows that go way into the "professionalism" like Law & Order as it just goes into the nitty gritty and just bore me to death.

Snapplemonkey 01-01-2011 04:34 PM

NCIS is entertaining, that's all I can say. I'm not that into the government investigative series that much. I'm more into the "The unorthodox consultant to help with investigations" type... kinda like Number, The Mentalist and Castle... Love Castle... I have a huge man-crush on Nathan Fillion.

But as far as non-animated shows go I'm more of a sci-fi buff.

Zero Gravity 01-23-2011 04:46 PM

i just watched Crank 2, which had a cameo role from Lauren Holly (Jenny Shepard) as a psychiatrist for roughly 2-3 minutes. I must say though after watching that one scene, even Gibbs would be like "O_O"