91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anime (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Do you buy your anime DVDs as boxsets or volumes? (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442)

SoulArbiter 02-07-2011 07:43 PM

Re: Do you buy your anime DVDs as boxsets or volumes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonhawk81 (Post 25912)
I also try to buy boxsets whenever available.

I do this too. Generally, if the series I'm after is too old, they usually just put all the discs in one collective case. I still get them if they come in this format.

It's the principle of the matter.

Jrockergirl 02-14-2011 08:52 PM

Its probably just the huge fan girl in me since I can't usually wait for collection sets unless there is too much I want. Bring out a good series and I have to buy it with extra money aka my friends family gave me 200 bucks in chinese new years money and I pre ordered the Chobits blu ray and the rest of Durarara!!

but there will be some ill wait for

mahay 02-14-2011 10:13 PM

I would prefer box sets because then I can finish the whole thing. A few times I've gotten single volumes and then never bought more because I just couldn't be bothered to find the other discs somewhere to get. I know I'm lazy

SoulArbiter 02-17-2011 04:48 AM

I've noticed that my retailer doesn't do much of the whole box set thing any more. They're now just releasing sort of collection volumes, e.g. Episodes 1-9 collection. If this makes any sense.

mahay 02-17-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulArbiter (Post 27091)
I've noticed that my retailer doesn't do much of the whole box set thing any more.

You only get all your stuff from one place?

Jrockergirl 02-19-2011 11:48 PM

I usually have to go to multiple anime stores but usually the mark ups are usually a turn off plus distance so I prefer waiting online nowadays.

SoulArbiter 02-22-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahay (Post 27094)
You only get all your stuff from one place?

I usually get my DVDs from JB-Hi-Fi. As of recent, I've just signed up to Madman Entertainment, but they're also doing the whole collection volumes approach. Either way, it doesn't bother me, mate.

Zehutsumei 02-22-2011 07:07 PM

If it's in a box set, I'll get it. If it's individual volumes only, I guess I don't have much of a choice. What annoys me is when there's individual volumes and then as soon as I'm about to get the last one, the boxset comes out.

Cheflelouch 03-01-2011 08:19 PM

well for me it has to Boxets. its not that it cost more single volumes its just that I don't like that I cant find specific ones or to wait for the next volume

nerdwerld 03-02-2011 07:28 AM

I prefer box sets, because volumes to me seem like a rip off.

TsunamiSaber105 05-08-2011 04:54 PM

I don't buy invidual DVDs or boxsets. I download them from the Internet as long as they come through legal channels and won't infect my computer in the long run. But it's hard to find good anime in english dub without having to go through Torrents.

Nirvash_Redemption 07-15-2011 08:15 PM

I just buy whatever is on sale. If it's a box set, bonus.
I usually buy the volume though.

Trxd 08-19-2011 11:36 AM

Buy Anime?! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Kibs 08-24-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxd (Post 30906)

After all, if we don't support the things we love financially, they'll still continue to flourish, because that's how the world works #hand

Jubilee 08-24-2011 10:49 PM

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq...m7zro7_250.gif

V This. :awesome:
Quote:

EagleEyes 08-24-2011 10:52 PM

Quote:

Also I hate you.

Trxd 08-25-2011 11:53 AM

Lmao! I think I just really upset three people with one joke, that's a new record.

Kaitekarue 08-31-2011 10:17 PM

Depending on the anime. If its something short, then the regular volumes are nice. But if its longer? than i use box sets. Or box sets for the features. Depends.

Not that i have alot of actual dvds. Five series, two movies, and almost all of ghiblis films.

SoulArbiter 09-12-2011 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kibs (Post 30948)
After all, if we don't support the things we love financially, they'll still continue to flourish, because that's how the world works #hand

Finally! Someone who sees where I'm coming from. I have this discussion with a mate of mine, I bring up the point of not buying the product isn't helping and he looks at me as if I were stupid!

Anyway. I like being organised, so I usually buy boxsets. However, boxsets are becoming rarer these days. They usually just like to release the volumes as they are to get them out quicker and releases a collective edition about a year later.

Kayarath 03-26-2012 09:36 PM

If I'm gonna buy the anime, might as well get it all in one fowl swoop! Boxsets for me!