91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anime (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Anyone into Mecha Anime?? (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473)

ZshadowX 01-15-2010 11:57 PM

Anyone into Mecha Anime??

I sometimes think Mecha animes are sooooooo AWESOME!!!! i just get to addicted to it sometimes *cough (Macross Frontier, Code Geass, etc.)

so do you have a Fav. Mecha anime,
if so which mecha is you fav.

My Fav Mecha anime. Macross Frontier
http://thecartdriver.com/wp-content/...-film-2009.jpg
My Fav Mecha, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagannhttp://fc04.deviantart.net/fs39/f/20..._hongliang.jpg Drillz= Awesome
If i can pilot a mecha then it would be Drill Dozerhttp://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/v49j/c...img/img8_2.jpg

Chris 01-16-2010 12:21 AM

Re: Anyone into Mecha Anime??

Gundam Wing was my favorite Gundam hands down.

I'm not a hardcore Mecha fan, I enjoyed Code Geass because the Mecha wasn't the main focus, there was another plot entirely which kept your focus. I just find Mecha anime's are really cool and exciting at first but can get very repetitive..

ZshadowX 01-16-2010 01:03 AM

I Totally Agree with you....like in Neo Genesis Evangelion the Mecha wasn't the main focus also, it focus more on character development, which i thought it was okay, but man oh man it sure had some awesome mechas which for me got me hooked. My point is Mecha animes does get a little repetitive, and sometime gets dull, but sometimes all that doesn't really matter, if you like watching or collecting Mechas, it just prove of how much a fan you really are. and being a fan is what counts :P

G U R U 01-16-2010 01:09 AM

I think who ISN'T into Mecha anime is the better question. That way we can find those people and shun them :durhur:

But in all seriousness, Code Geass, Full Metal Panic, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann are my favorite mecha animes.

EagleEyes 01-16-2010 01:16 AM

Not really a fan. I do like Code geass though.

Is Zoids classed as a mecha show? Cause it rocked.

G U R U 01-16-2010 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleEyes (Post 6044)
Not really a fan. I do like Code geass though.

Is Zoids classed as a mecha show? Cause it rocked.

YES! Zoids is awesome.

Oni 01-16-2010 02:51 AM

I do like Mecha Anime, however, whether Evangelion counts as a mecha series is questionable.

Lesserpawn 01-16-2010 03:07 AM

Mecha can be good. I prefer it when it's 'realistic' or at least reasonable for giant robots to be there, like in Gasaraki and Patlabor.

Shadowblade Edge 01-16-2010 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G U R U (Post 6041)
I think who ISN'T into Mecha anime is the better question.

No, this is the right question, unless you want a thread flooded with people. The fact of the matter is shows that prominently feature mecha are pretty unpopular. The problem is mecha isn't a genre, but people wind up thinking that while associating it with something they dislike, and considering how broad the "genre" is there's something for everyone to hate.

Bonediddly 01-16-2010 06:15 AM

Code Geass and Gundam 00. That is all. (Curse you, Evangelion.)

TheGreatMoof 01-16-2010 11:57 AM

I like mecha, though I don't like it as much when mecha is the /only/ thing a show has going for it. Code Geass is frickin' amazing but has a crazy twisting plot and fun characters in addition to robots, and Gundam Wing is still awesome but again has a really cool space opera story with all sorts of political intrigue.

Also, what is it with Gundam fans and hating on Wing?

Shin_No_Kokoro 01-16-2010 04:14 PM

Personally not really into mechas xD Im not sure if ppl have heard about Mazinger, thats probably the one mecha anime i liked that and Wing

Zero Gravity 01-20-2010 10:16 PM

Sad to say I hated Neon Genesis, hated every second of it.
Although I'm big into Gundam, my favorites being:
Saviour Gundam
Infinite Justice
Burning Gundam
Double Zeta Gundam (Eat my high MEAG CANNON!!!!)

.wneivf 01-21-2010 06:45 PM

as an overall as a fair few above I am not into mecha generally but I loved code geass , Eureka 7 (not the movie) and full metal panic.

SaiQ 02-02-2010 09:21 PM

Full Metal Panic!

Llian 02-04-2010 11:48 AM

Good God known of you have watched Gunbuster??
DO IT NOW ;_;

My favorite mecha anime hands down. My favorite mech, however, is Epyon from Gundam Wing.

Elk 02-10-2010 10:10 AM

I'm into non-yaoibait boyband Gundam series, and most other Mecha. Although, I did enjoy Wing, probably because it was the first boyband Gundam, and had some novelty, and the franchise hadn't completely sold it's soul to Satan by that time. Which is why I'm pumped for Unicorn.

I second Gunbuster and Diebuster. Both great anime.

fightbait 02-22-2010 05:04 AM

Gurren Lagann is, hands down, my favorite, but I also love a lot of the Go Nagai super robot shows--Mazinger, Getter Robo, Grendizer, Jeeg.

Aravyre 03-20-2010 03:50 PM

The alteisen and weissritter are amongst my favourites. Kyosuke x Excellen all the way! ^^
(and of course, can't forget about Zengar and the Daizengar ;D )

now... I wonder if anybody knows which series they come from without google :D

Itachi0970 03-20-2010 08:15 PM

My favorite mecha is definitely Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann.

In fact, most of the shows I said in Top 10 thread were mecha.

I also build gundam models.

... I like giant robots too much.