91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   A Re-introduction (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2368)

Aniki 01-27-2012 08:07 PM

A Re-introduction

How did I forget about you guys? I really need to spend some quality time here...

So, I signed up a couple years ago when a crew from The Fan decided to pay Anime Central a visit. Ah, GiDeMo is playing... natsukashii, na. Anyway, digging around on here I saw some silly posts of mine, and coming back, I'm sure that won't change. Let's see, I'm still working for Anime Central, but I've taken on a new role in charge of anything that has to do with Guests of Honor. I also dabble a bit in Industry and consult back on my old job in Venue Relations. My job also involves bringing in musical talent from Japan to perform at the convention (and perhaps elsewhere... I'm working on expanding the types of events we staff and sponsor).

Anyway, crew of The Fan... planning on coming out to ACen this year? I'm not sure if you've signed up for Press Badges or anything, but if you'll be there, I'll make the time to run by and say hi. If you're not planning on going, you should. And so should everyone else!

Okay, that's my regurgitated spiel. Yoroshiku!

Kanashimi 01-27-2012 08:26 PM

Re: A Re-introduction

Actually, I was going to send a press request this weekend for a few of our staff members. Not sure you'll find us at a table though since we were only offered that the first year.

Either way, glad to see you back on the site, and hopefully we'll see you around the IRC as well. :)

Aniki 01-27-2012 08:30 PM

Is your IRC channel the better place to interact? I really haven't messed around much on IRC since the early- to mid-90s. At any rate, the first year you guys got a table because I got it for you. If you want to do some broadcasting and interviews and/or other fun stuff, I can make that happen for you. Just let me know. I've got all the right buttons to push!

Kanashimi 01-27-2012 09:23 PM

Let me talk to the staff going just as a precaution and I'll let you know. :)

As for IRC we have a web based IRC (which doesn't do too well on some connections, but if works if you don't want to install an IRC client), and in our channel is where you can interact with DJs, play certain games, ask guests questions, so on and so forth. It's more instantaneous than getting replies on the forums, but either one works.

Mollybibbles 01-28-2012 12:53 PM

Hey! It's good to see you back! It would be grand to see you at ACEN! It is our finals week but we're hoping to make our way up to Rosemont from the Loop. Anyway welcome back!!!

Leviathan Mist 01-28-2012 05:06 PM

Welcome back! I joined after you left, so I haven't met you yet :P

moonhawk81 01-28-2012 07:43 PM

Well met and welcome back.

Bobby Henshin 01-30-2012 10:03 AM

hello again not so new new comer XD

Cheflelouch 02-01-2012 01:06 PM

Finally another person from chicago:awesome:
Its a pleasure to meat you and since you say that you are going to be on ACen then it might be a good opportunity to meet with people from The Fan

and hope fully you guys from the Fan can make it this year too

Aniki 02-07-2012 07:33 PM

Hey, thanks all for the welcome backs and hellos!

Kana, did you send in the press request? All good? Any issues?

Molly!! I really hope you guys make it out. Good luck on those pesky finals (sorry for being so early this year)! Let me know who's coming and I'll make sure to get you guys whatever you need. I'd be great to see you do some live stuff again.

Kanashimi 02-07-2012 08:10 PM

I'm just waiting on a clear for the cover letter. I will know later tonight or tomorrow. I apologize for the wait! :)