91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Movies (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Harry Potter and the ghastly yawns (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1611)

Stone 12-04-2010 09:54 AM

Harry Potter and the ghastly yawns

First impression and discussion.

My expectance from this movie was really high. the last book was by far teh best one and so the movie had to be too. But what happens when I go see it? It is boring.

True, many action scenes, but badly made and only few seconds long, where is my real duell, why doesn´t the battle inside malfoys house seem the least bit action-y? I have to say that I deeply regretted watching it, also because of how many things they left out. If I hadn´t read the books I would have been so confused by so many things.

My Points: #nofighting #nofighting #nofighting of 10

Jubilee 12-04-2010 10:01 AM

Re: Harry Potter and the ghastly yawns

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stone (Post 23603)
If I hadn´t read the books I would have been so confused by so many things.

That is the exact reason I didn't hate it...I felt it actually followed along with the books rather well, (or at least better than any of the other movies since Chamber of Secrets). Sure, it was slightly uneventful, but so is the first half of the book, (i.e. Oh let's move camp! Oh hey...we should move our camp. Ya know, I'm just not feeling this forest, let's move camp!). I thought they did a decent job with what they had this time around...(or, again, at least better than all the others since Chamber of Secrets).

...Sad Malfoy Manor scene is Sad...#bawww

EagleEyes 12-04-2010 01:14 PM

Better than the last one, which they decided to make a romantic comedy.

twillÿ 12-05-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubilee (Post 23606)
That is the exact reason I didn't hate it...I felt it actually followed along with the books rather well, (or at least better than any of the other movies since Chamber of Secrets). Sure, it was slightly uneventful, but so is the first half of the book, (i.e. Oh let's move camp! Oh hey...we should move our camp. Ya know, I'm just not feeling this forest, let's move camp!). I thought they did a decent job with what they had this time around...(or, again, at least better than all the others since Chamber of Secrets).

...Sad Malfoy Manor scene is Sad...#bawww

This.

grimdefeat 12-05-2010 01:14 PM

I havent seen it yet so I dont know what to expect from it luckily I have read the book so I wont be to lost when I do see it

Kusari 12-06-2010 03:09 AM

Never read the books but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

Zero Gravity 12-06-2010 02:03 PM

I thought it was pretty good a nice change of pace from the last 6 films, you get a somewhat better look on Wizards in the real world and not surrounded by a castle

jessileo127 12-06-2010 04:01 PM

after being moved around due to over booking THREE different times I got to see it and my reaction was...
WTF They missed out the Best parts, The Background storys the Epic-ness of Harry potter!!!
Albiet it was a good movie and there was great acting... I just dont understand why they miss out on some of the most important stuff from the books... Sure the first half is uneventfull but it has some major plotlines and back stories to it... Though I did like the Little "Shadow" puppets when telling the story of the Deathly Hallows...
My vote is:
6/10
I cant wait till I see what their gonna do with the dragon...

EagleEyes 12-07-2010 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessileo127 (Post 23746)
after being moved around due to over booking THREE different times I got to see it and my reaction was...
WTF They missed out the Best parts, The Background storys the Epic-ness of Harry potter!!!
Albiet it was a good movie and there was great acting... I just dont understand why they miss out on some of the most important stuff from the books... Sure the first half is uneventfull but it has some major plotlines and back stories to it... Though I did like the Little "Shadow" puppets when telling the story of the Deathly Hallows...
My vote is:
6/10
I cant wait till I see what their gonna do with the dragon...

I thought they followed the book very closely, minus the radio parts.

Jubilee 12-07-2010 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleEyes (Post 23779)
I thought they followed the book very closely, minus the radio parts.

I agree...I can't think of anything major that they left out in this movie...

Although...The Death Eaters already new where the Burrow was due to that last little "incident" the film makers decided to conjure up and throw in the 6th movie...So why did they wait so long to attack it after Harry fled the Dursley's? Where the heck else is he gonna go?! #stare ... OH movie makers...#facepalm