91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vidja Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [PSP] Prinny Dood! AKA the Disgaea topic (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1239)

Leviathan Mist 08-08-2010 08:57 PM

Prinny Dood! AKA the Disgaea topic

I am the proud owner of Disgaea 1, 2, and 3. If you like strategy/tactical RPGs, this is the grand mother of all of them, IMO.

I haven't played the Prinny game or Disgaea Infinite for PSP, but those are sort of spinoffs of the main series, with different style gameplay. I do intend to play them eventually though!

<3 Disgaea

ZshadowX 08-08-2010 11:54 PM

Re: Prinny Dood! AKA the Disgaea topic

Let see I played Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days
and Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero
I'm be getting Disgaea 3 for my Ps3,
and I do have Disgaea Infinite, just that I never had a chance to open the box, still new :P
Also waiting for Prinny 2 to come to the U.S
I'm such a Disgaea Fan lol, I even own Makai Senki Disgaea the complete Box Set
so yeah!! Disgaea FTW!!!

Leviathan Mist 08-09-2010 01:39 AM

I heard Disgaea Infinite is like a visual novel. I sure hope it's worth $20, I normally don't buy games that aren't actual games, but Disgaea has an interesting plot in itself... all I can say is, it better be a damn good visual novel.

Parthmakeo 08-09-2010 09:49 AM

I read somewhere Disgaea Infinite was something like Laharl was blamed for some weird reason and in a prinny perspective, you talk to people in the other games. It's a mix of 1,2 and 3 but with some odd plot.
I have owned 1 and 3. Prinny can i be the hero dood is another.
I skipped Infinite as the Visual novel plot line was not too eye catching. And i played Ace Attourney and PC visual novels.

Zero Gravity 08-09-2010 01:56 PM

I liked #3, Music is great too, I would love it if Disgaea 1 and 2 where avalible for PS3

christmas4477 08-09-2010 02:36 PM

I've never played them, so I can't really tell what all the hubbub is about

Tyto 08-09-2010 05:28 PM

Prinny gets his salary docked forever as a result of Laharl getting himself half assassinated while in persuit of Etna's new super ultra rare pudding. With the help of Toc, a magic girly voiced clock, Prinny must go back in time to unravel the mystery of Laharl's would be assassination and prevent it, and subsequently the Prinny pay dock. The only snag is that the Prinny is knocked unconscious within the first few minutes of the game, so he must move by possessing the bodies of other characters, only moving along their paths, with the occasional option to mindcontrol them and tell them what to say in order to alter events. All in all it's interesting, if a little convoluted and trivial, but then that could go on to describe most Disgaea games.

Parthmakeo 08-09-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christmas4477 (Post 17648)
I've never played them, so I can't really tell what all the hubbub is about

I don't blame you. But if you do play them, the max level of each character you make or story wise can go up to 999. (9999 in the psp version of the first). And the damage can go up to near billions with just the right abilities and combos. It's strategy RPG with insane numbers. Highest i got on 3 was i think 235 (weak i know)

Leviathan Mist 08-09-2010 07:25 PM

Max level in all three Disgaea games is actually 9999. If you ever wanted a grindfest, Disgaea is for you. I think I calculated the amount of time it would take to max out your experience, and I think it amounted to something like 800 years of nonstop playing...lol

Tyto 08-10-2010 08:45 AM

Or you can run your way through the Item World dungeons and capture yourself an Item God, then use said Item God to fight other Item Gods and mooch the experience for yourself.

Leviathan Mist 08-11-2010 12:21 AM

I'm looking for "The Dood Song" that's been featured in a certain 91.8 inter-song promo, anyone know where I can find it?

Edit: Nevermind, apparently it's "The Doom Song" from Invader Zim. I thought it was a Prinny singing "Dood" :P

ragnawind 08-19-2010 04:27 PM

I like the series to. I currently only have Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories for the PS2, but I plan to get 3 soon and maybe a new copy of Disgaea 1. In 2, I am currently on Chapter 10 of my third cycle. The first cycle, I lost to Axel. Then the second cycle I won with the MC at Level 80. I am trying to level up now in order to fight Laharl. I have also seen the anime and it is good.

Leviathan Mist 08-28-2010 12:32 PM

I just found out there's a Disgaea 4 in the works. This makes me glad that the only new-gen console I have is a ps3. Disgaea is just about the only new series I'll play on it.

ZshadowX 08-28-2010 01:25 PM

yeah I heard that rumor also, just dont get your hopes high

Leviathan Mist 08-28-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZshadowX (Post 19026)
yeah I heard that rumor also, just dont get your hopes high

Ugh. I could go on and on about the disappointments I've had with games that were supposed to be released outside Japan but weren't. In fact, the main reason I chose to start learning Japanese in the first place is so I could play Japan-only games without an English translation. Still not at that level of literacy though, all those kanji I still have to learn are killing me. x.x

Anyway, on the topic of Disgaea, I sure hope they release it here. I mean, I know Disgaea 3 didn't sell all that well, but come on, they brought Disgaea Infinite over here, most likely to appease the cult fanbase - and this will be a main game in the series, they've gotta localize it here!

ZshadowX 08-28-2010 02:00 PM

Since Prinny 2 already came out in Japan
Im still waiting till it come here in the U.S

As for Disgaea 3, the only reason they didnt sell that much was that lots a gamers were complaining about how its similar to a PS1 era graphics and gameplay. Meaning that the game wasnt WOW enough, or it did have to much HD sprites or something
and since Nippon Ichi is trying efforts to avoid bankruptcy. Im Hoping Disgaea 4 will be a success

~ Z