91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Bring Toonami back!!! (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1422)

ace8489 10-03-2010 08:14 AM

Bring Toonami back!!!

I have been feeling nostalgic lately and I think we need to find a way to petition Cartoon Network to bring Toonami back. Even though they probably wont do anything about it I still think it will be nice to complain and I think everyone would like to vent there anger about it. #dragon Who knows if we have enough people here they will realize there is still a large fan base for it. So we need to think of ways to tell Cartoon network to bring it back. Then we need to take action and do it. If we get all of 918 the fan to speak out maybe just maybe something will happen. So lets ban together and BRING TOONAMI BACK!!!!!!!!

Jiraku 10-03-2010 08:41 AM

Re: Bring Toonami back!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace8489 (Post 20375)
I have been feeling nostalgic lately and I think we need to find a way to petition Cartoon Network to bring Toonami back. Even though they probably wont do anything about it I still think it will be nice to complain and I think everyone would like to vent there anger about it. #dragon Who knows if we have enough people here they will realize there is still a large fan base for it. So we need to think of ways to tell Cartoon network to bring it back. Then we need to take action and do it. If we get all of 918 the fan to speak out maybe just maybe something will happen. So lets ban together and BRING TOONAMI BACK!!!!!!!!

I agree, that would be awesome!!!! But just in case it doesn't happen, there's an online video channel that plays toonami and old "Cartoon Network" Cartoons 24 hours a day in the mean time... here's the link:

Kana Says:The link has been removed, I highly doubt that's legal. Broadcasting illegal anime for free is against our rules.

But still let's work on getting it back on tv instead of the internet... it saves you bandwidth...

Osaka 10-03-2010 10:49 PM

Ummmm....Last time I checked, Toonami anything doesn't stream anymore on CN or Toonami.com which doesn't exist anymore?

gannon133 10-04-2010 07:08 AM

I don't know if a rally can help make this happen. I think we should be able to go to conventions and find ways to sign petitions or any other way of doing so with the people around. Today's cartoons seem very dull and a bit "mature" *coughmadcartooncough* and it should really be done over. Plus, they really went down with the 'CN real' shows like "Othersiders" "Survive This" and other garbage that ISN'T CARTOONS.

The only anime I see that is on Cartoon Network (apart from Adult Swim) is Beyblade: Metal Fusion, Yugioh 5d's(which is not showing much around) and the Bakugan series. They are all franchises that they promo the living daylights out of it. We need to pull the company out of the junkyard and find a way to keep the shows alive other than them thinking of other garbage.

Kate 10-04-2010 11:02 AM

I would love for Toonami to come back as well, but it won't happen. Even if fans get together and start a petition, it just won't. Toonami was good in its early years. When all the non-anime cartoons came on, then it started to fall. I mean, some of the later stuff on it was awesome, like the Month of Miyazaki.

I wish for it to come back, but.. sadly, times change.

Jiraku 10-04-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate (Post 20419)

I wish for it to come back, but.. sadly, times change.

Yeah Time's may change but Anime fans stay... Until you screw with them which is what CN did to them anyway... And like I said lost like 2/3s of their audience when they took Toonami and other programs that had to do with anime off... Like I mean at the speed that the downward spiral of CN is going, it's going to become another Nick or Disney channel in 2 years tops... and that's just sad... #dragon

ace8489 10-04-2010 02:40 PM

Everyone is being so negetive we need to be positive it can happen it will happen we will make it happen.

ZshadowX 10-04-2010 08:56 PM

forget Toonami

Funimation is our future now!

grimdefeat 10-04-2010 08:57 PM

I will never forget toonami it was the greatest thing cartoon network ever did

Osaka 10-04-2010 10:51 PM

Cartoon Network Drops movie deal with Weird Al Yankovic. Supposedly CN has changed there the media policy and is going to be all animation network soon. ^_^

Kate 10-05-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimdefeat (Post 20442)
I will never forget toonami it was the greatest thing cartoon network ever did

Yes, it truly was. I remember (before Adult Swim) as a kid I would stay up around midnight to watch the Midnight Run and get up Saturday mornings for the Rising Sun. Best stuff on TV ever.

Drago142222 10-06-2010 11:02 AM

toonami must come back

EagleEyes 10-06-2010 03:06 PM

I never really watched Toonami....... #shock

Over here it like only had Gundam, and I wasn't a fan.

ace8489 10-06-2010 03:48 PM

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is crazy. First gundam is awesome and second Toonami had lots and lots of awesome shows here. Like dragon ball Z, G gundam, gundam wing and plenty of others.

Erinovauch 10-07-2010 01:11 PM

I remember back when I was five and Toonami was on from 9pm until 2 am I would stay up, wait for my parents to go to sleep, and go downstairs and watch it, ah mid 90s you truly were awesome

Rhetorical Gamer 10-11-2010 02:55 PM

Man I remember it used to be on TWO channels!!! It opened my eyes to this wonderful world of anime! Now all we have is 4kids...............

bemused_Bohemian 10-12-2010 01:32 PM

Toonami was wonderful in its time and I thank the mouth of the south (Ted Turner) for airing those Japanese shows THEN. It rekindled my interest in anime. Thomas Wolfe wrote a novel titled "You Can't go Home Again". The crux of the story was everything as you remembered it has changed. The same would be true for Toonami in today's market. With everyone accessing the internet instead of the stead old TV networks Toonami would have to stream anime to reach any audience. Is there any money to be made in that?

ace8489 07-12-2012 06:47 PM

I just had to come back to say I told you so.

Kanashimi 07-12-2012 07:16 PM

It got such a ton of support it's kinda no wonder they brought it back after April Fools.

moonhawk81 07-13-2012 08:57 AM

Is it back for real, or just as a publicity stunt?