91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Merry Christmas! (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223)

EagleEyes 12-24-2009 02:57 AM

Merry Christmas!

Just to join in the festive season, I wanted to wish every one at 918 a merry christmas.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/1...runingster.jpg

Have Fun Kiddies!

TheDrunkenShadow 12-24-2009 12:01 PM

Re: Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all you... people.

... I'mma go cook some awesome desserts now.

Elk 12-24-2009 12:52 PM

Happy Saturnalia everyone.

Shadows_Revenge 12-24-2009 01:14 PM

Bah humbug... I hate christmas. Its just another holiday destroyed by cooperations. Its been forced into our minds that we HAVE to get someone gifts or else we just ruined christmas... That aspect can go rot in hell for all I care...

So I wish everyone a happy True Spirit of Christmas, and good will towards your fellow man.

Plus its just another day to party and get drunk ;)

EagleEyes 12-24-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadows_Revenge (Post 2066)
Bah humbug... I hate christmas. Its just another holiday destroyed by cooperations. Its been forced into our minds that we HAVE to get someone gifts or else we just ruined christmas... That aspect can go rot in hell for all I care...

So I wish everyone a happy True Spirit of Christmas, and good will towards your fellow man.

Time off work dude, No complaints here :D

Elk 12-24-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadows_Revenge (Post 2066)

I like the gift giving aspect, and I'm always bummed when I don't have what I need to get the presernts the people I love deserve, but it's all about the thought that counts.

Even if it's DIY, the act of giving is what's important, though the recieving is good too. Corporatization is obviously an evil, to someone like me, but if you ignore the media blitz you're good.

Kanashimi 12-24-2009 02:15 PM

Merry Christmas!

I be a good gift giver, I love Christmas and usually start shopping really early. It's also a nice way to start a new year.

Sandgolem 12-24-2009 02:16 PM

Hrombi ! (I think thats how its spell!)

Happy Hanuka!

Merry Christmas!

Llian 12-24-2009 04:24 PM

Happy Holidays everyone~

Bonediddly 12-24-2009 06:18 PM

Happy Boxing Day Eve!

Kibs 12-24-2009 11:01 PM

Meery Christmas.

I be a pretty good gift giver myself, at least when it comes to loved ones :beb:

♫♫♫♫ you if you find the fact that I'm wishing you well offensive~

Mistress Victoria 12-25-2009 12:13 AM

Haha, nice one Kibs. XD

Yes, Happy Wintereenmas!

Rocco 12-25-2009 12:40 AM

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Thats really all there is to say on the matter...

Elc1247 12-26-2009 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnarchoELK (Post 2074)
I like the gift giving aspect, and I'm always bummed when I don't have what I need to get the presernts the people I love deserve, but it's all about the thought that counts.

Even if it's DIY, the act of giving is what's important, though the recieving is good too. Corporatization is obviously an evil, to someone like me, but if you ignore the media blitz you're good.

well... ignore CNN, MSNBC, and FOXNEWS, then you will have much less of a headache... the news I watch is BBC News, Russia Today, and Deutsche Welle (British, Russian, and German).

but yes, i approve of Christmas because of the general feeling of good will that it brings.

so a merry christmas to everyone.

Elk 12-27-2009 11:25 PM

So what did everyone get?
Here's my haul, and what I gave out:

Desk
1TB External HD
Wacom Bamboo Tablet
L4D2 PC
NSMB Wii
MW2 360
The Hangover \ Combo gift to me and my bro
New TPB movie /
Hot Pink Coin Counting Bank } Bro got one too. Apparently my mom never bothered to look at the colours.
150bux } "Anywhere gift certificates"
Stocking Stuffers.

Me and my bro got my dad a bunch of clothes and a watch, and my mom one of those coffee makers that does the water filtration and grinds the beans on it's own, my grandma a new phone, and my mom's bf a new monitor. And I got my bro some good work boots.

Shadows_Revenge 12-28-2009 12:14 PM

DJ Hero and clothes, thats about it

Shadowblade Edge 12-28-2009 02:10 PM

Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Purple Rain on BluRay, and this whenever they come back in to stock.

Kanashimi 12-28-2009 02:55 PM

@Shadows_Revenge: What system? Maybe we can play against each other on DJ Hero.

@Shadowblade Revenge: The new Ratchet & Clank is so good, enjoy~

My Christmas was super-special-awesome. I loved going to work the day of Christmas, and asking what everyone had got. Many of them said a Wii or a console, but I had the upper hand. I could say... mine is blue! MAWAHAHAHA!

I brought the Wiimote and Nunchuck into work, both of which are blue. My boss, Rob, was fondling the thing all emo like. It was quite hilarious for me, but I'm a bragger, and blue is an awesome color.

I initially had a bit of trouble figuring out where to set it up. My beautiful Playstation 3 had to itself its own side table, which had worked out quite nicely since I like the console laying flat. The large lettering up front looks better presented, and the shiny finish gathers more attention that way.

As you can see, my PS3 is a big hog, but I shook the table a bit and slammed my door (which is nearby) to make sure there wouldn't be anything to make them fall on each other. The stand on Wii keeps it pretty much in place without any worry of instabilities.

Of course, the awesome person who got me the awesome that is the Blue Wii, also got me an array of games.

That's like my second Metal Gear copy, but you can never have enough. I haven't tried to the charger yet because the batteries of my Wii have yet to die or even lower past the third bar. I was pretty surprised they lasted so long, I've played at least twenty to thirty hours on the thing by now. Most of what I've been playing has been Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers (which a little someone got early, mawahaha).

I broadcasted a bit of both, like old times, and was sort of thinking of picking that up... or recording Let's Plays. I suppose it would depend on other people's interest in watching.

Lastly, a few other things of note. My brother and his family gave me a lot, though the anime bath soap seemed more like a very otaku-smelly joke I couldn't shake. Thanks, guys. They also got me a gift card, and a bunch of anime for sale at 20% off from SunCoast that I didn't take pictures of.

On the plus side, I got my brother back by getting plenty of pictures of him looking like a retard. That was a good gift in itself.

I had a really good Christmas. My mom was sort of emo for not getting me more, but I keep trying to tell her its fine. I got a lot of awesome gifts as is. I hope everyone got what they wanted!

Shadowblade Edge 12-28-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanashimi (Post 2188)
@Shadowblade Revenge: The new Ratchet & Clank is so good, enjoy~

I actually beat it two days ago, and it was only OK, the last scene was really good though.

Elc1247 12-28-2009 05:33 PM

haha... its not like i can afford anything anymore... let alone my family can afford much... i got $60USD, thats it, 1 present.