91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vidja Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [NDS] The World Ends With You (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194)

Miruki Mimiko 12-11-2009 12:36 PM

The World Ends With You

Alright, now I don't have a DS of my own, but I played this on an emulator at one point or another. I never finished it, due to loss of the PC I was playing it on at my grandma's and moving in with mom, but I was addicted to it when I was playing it. Unfortunately, my computer didn't have audio when I played it -_- I would have loved to hear that "giggle" of Joshua's everyone keeps talking about XD Well, I know that if I ever get a DS of my own (which mom said was possible :D), I'll be getting this game first thing. I'm in love with it. Especially Joshua... he's probably one of the best VG characters I've ever seen XD He's just awesome... but that's personal preference :3

Kibs 12-11-2009 01:15 PM

Re: The World Ends With You

I was interested in this game, but after it released and I read a few reviews of it I was less impressed.

I shouldn't trust reviews so much, but enough of them said bad things. Though it is a game I do plan on playing eventually when I get a DS, there are just too many I need to play before it @_@.

Mistress Victoria 12-11-2009 01:20 PM

Yeah.. I don't know what reviews you read, but the ones I read and trust said good things about it.
People just have different tastes and opinion. That's why you take reviews with a grain of salt.

Miruki Mimiko 12-11-2009 01:37 PM

Yeah. I heard a lot of good things about it too, Kibs. I used to watch DE play it on her DS and would be like "I wanna play that" @.@ It's addicting

Kanashimi 12-11-2009 02:51 PM

It's got a good story, but it's hard to play... almost like Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories. You just wish it was on a console and not a portable. If you can live through that though, it is a lot of fun... though there is a mild case of emo kid.

Miruki Mimiko 12-11-2009 03:24 PM

MILD? Neku is a little more than a "mild case" of emo kid, Kana XD
I still love him though, probably my 3rd favorite behind Joshua and Rhyme

Kanashimi 12-11-2009 06:28 PM

I've seen worse, I mean the intro set the tone at least and it was consistent. At least he could beat up most actual emo kids, so I'll count that as mild for now. xP

Miruki Mimiko 12-12-2009 02:28 AM

XD Quite true. I see your point then :P
Neku still pwns all, even if he's emo XD(save for Josh and Rhyme :P)

Llian 12-12-2009 06:59 PM

The game was really good to me, it was pretty consistent and the gameplay to me was really nice, and unique as well. I had fun playing two screens at once (made me feel all pro inside :P). There was a lot of replay value but after I unlocked the secret ending I couldn't care less for them anymore haha.

FFHellDragon 01-12-2010 12:54 AM

YOU ZETTA SONS OF DIGITS

Sho ftw!

I love that game, i got hooked as soon as i got it. One of my favorite DS games. :D

christmas4477 01-12-2010 06:29 AM

I've heard good things about it, but never got the chance to play it

Oni 01-13-2010 03:55 AM

I started playing it months ago and I still haven't finished it.

The characters are all just so...idiotic. I like the story, but I strongly dislike the characters to no end.

chefofdeath 01-13-2010 11:38 AM

is this game just as hard as Knights In the Nightmare

dbull620 01-14-2010 08:43 PM

I had a lot of fun with this game. I should dig it up again some time; it's probably the only DS game that largely utilizes the stylus that I actually like. I really liked how between the ability to set your level as low as you wanted and the multiple difficulty settings you could make the game as easy or as difficult as you wanted.