91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Kana's Korner (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Ask The Kana Thread (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414)

Kanashimi 01-11-2010 06:03 PM

Ask The Kana Thread

So, I figured since I'm getting a lot of messages and PMs about random things. I figured I could answer a few of those questions here. Try to keep them related to the show or the website if need be. I don't mind random-ness, but would appreciate legitimate questions. I'll humor you though if need be.

So, what would you like to ask Kanashimi?

TheDrunkenShadow 01-11-2010 06:13 PM

Re: Ask The Kana Thread

Are you any good at bowling?

How many times have you won cosplaying awards?

What's the worst injury you've had to date?

Can I come out of the cage now?

Shin_No_Kokoro 01-11-2010 06:14 PM

Are you gonna answer all those random questions??

Oni 01-11-2010 06:15 PM

What is a man?

Kanashimi 01-11-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDrunkenShadow (Post 4798)
Are you any good at bowling?

It depends actually... I'm a mental bowler, so if the bumpers are up I always go completely straight and if they are down, I always fail. I don't actually enjoy bowling all that much, but yeah.

Quote:

How many times have you won cosplaying awards?

Zero. I don't like entering cosplaying contests. The reason I cosplay isn't to be judged, but to have fun and show off my creations. Maybe in the future, but competing is a big task and can take a whole day or two of a convention. Since I've always volunteered or worked during a convention I don't have the time to spend in a competition room.

Quote:

What's the worst injury you've had to date?

Injury...? Hrm... none?

Quote:

Can I come out of the cage now?

Hahahaha! No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shin_No_Kokoro (Post 4799)
Are you gonna answer all those random questions??

Yup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni (Post 4801)
What is a man?

The opposite of a woman.

EagleEyes 01-11-2010 11:23 PM

Will Kana every tell EagleEyes?

Kanashimi 01-12-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleEyes (Post 4899)
Will Kana every tell EagleEyes?

:veryno:

Shadowblade Edge 01-12-2010 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni
What is a man?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanashimi (Post 4805)
The opposite of a woman.

My question is, why did you waste such a sweet set up?

Kanashimi 01-12-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowblade Edge (Post 4981)

While I could have done a sexual innuendo or some sort of joke insulting men in general, I was too busy to come up with anything clever and knew I'd forget to respond tomorrow. Also, I have a feeling offending Oni might be bad as he is one of our reviewers. In the future though, I'll do my best to insult men of all class and culture. :awesome:

HezaaChan 01-12-2010 01:01 PM

Why can I see colours?

*ahem*

Zero Gravity 01-12-2010 01:13 PM

If you had the chance to make an anime, you have 12 episodes, what would it be about and what would the theme be? would it be suspense? drama? Shoujo? Shonen? etc

chefofdeath 01-12-2010 07:10 PM

When do we Attack?

Chris 01-12-2010 11:39 PM

I actually have a serious question, sorry to kill the mood everyone.

I'm just wondering what software you happen to be using while DJing?

Kanashimi 01-13-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HezaaChan (Post 5126)
Why can I see colours?

*ahem*

I control your mind, and I wanted to make you see colors in a world full of black and white. Mawahaha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Gravity (Post 5135)
If you had the chance to make an anime, you have 12 episodes, what would it be about and what would the theme be? would it be suspense? drama? Shoujo? Shonen? etc

Mmm... I had to think on this for a little bit, but I think if I made an anime right nowit would consist of our mascot, Brie. I can see her being this impressive singer and dancing in a sort of club, loved by all. Of course, with all the popularity, the club (91.8 The Fan) needs another person entertaining. So they hire a turn-table DJ who would be male. I can see Brie and this male DJ being rivals at first since they both want the spotlight, but their hate turns to possible romance. Also, there's some iStalk news in there, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefofdeath (Post 5257)
When do we Attack?

We attacked on the 3rd, did you not get the memo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 5289)
I actually have a serious question, sorry to kill the mood everyone.

I'm just wondering what software you happen to be using while DJing?

Wonderful! I encourage more serious questions.

The software we use is called SAM Broadcaster, I'm unable to get into how we use it or how many computers we go through. The database of music can be accessed by any of our DJs, but I can't specify as to how. SAM Broadcaster can mix the songs together, use virtual cables, catch our voices, play songs based on ratings, use a request system, and various other things. As such, there are a lot of endless possiblities and was definately the best choice out there for us.

That's why very shortly we'll have a request system in place as well as a calling board system. So keep looking for those!

EagleEyes 01-13-2010 12:20 AM

Whats your favorite flavored ice cream?

Kanashimi 01-13-2010 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleEyes (Post 5291)
Whats your favorite flavored ice cream?

Chocolate chip cookie dough. I use to work in an ice cream place, so I know how to mix and match some mean sundaes, yahoo~

Oni 01-13-2010 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowblade Edge (Post 4981)

Hey Kana, I have a question.

Why is it that absolutely no one has ever played the Castlevania series?

On the side, why is it that people get fed up on the internet? It's just the internet, isn't it Kana?

HezaaChan 01-13-2010 09:21 AM

Kana, I have a question (serious one, I promise).
How come my forum posts have suddenly gone down?
Is it because you moved one of my threads? *edit- well not you specifically, but forum staff in general XD*

annnnd just because I watched Community Channel today~
What is your oldest and most favouritest (yeah, that's a word) toy?

XIamSogekingX 01-13-2010 02:39 PM

My serious question is...How hard is it to pick up the skill of running a radio station and knowing the inner workings of your system? When you get new DJs, do you teach them how to work the system?

Kanashimi 01-13-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HezaaChan (Post 5382)
Kana, I have a question (serious one, I promise).
How come my forum posts have suddenly gone down?
Is it because you moved one of my threads? *edit- well not you specifically, but forum staff in general XD*

annnnd just because I watched Community Channel today~
What is your oldest and most favouritest (yeah, that's a word) toy?

It is probably a delete of one of your posts. Anything not on topic I do a soft delete, and state the reason as to why. So if its only gone down one or two posts, that's probably why. Don't worry too much, if there's anything major that you do on the forums we'll send you a PM.

My favorite toy... mmm, Bop-It. Though now that I think about it, I realize my cousin has had mine for like a year. I liked the classic one, not the round weird-o ones. Haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XIamSogekingX (Post 5450)
My serious question is...How hard is it to pick up the skill of running a radio station and knowing the inner workings of your system? When you get new DJs, do you teach them how to work the system?

It's not that hard actually, the hardest part is making a show for yourself. We give our DJs fee reigns to decide what would be neat on their show and what to talk about. The trick is having the charismatic personality and to attract people to keep listening.

Program wise, it isn't that hard. We do teach them how to use the program, mostly through videos and if they have questions we're usually with them their first few times on the station. Luckily all of our current DJs were with us before we started, and so we all trained from the ground up. For the new DJs we're looking at, we will be beside them to teach them.