91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What are you up to? (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402)

HezaaChan 01-11-2010 12:07 PM

What are you up to?
 
I was just wondering, what do people do whilst they're listening to 91.8 the fan?

Me? I'm currently (failing to) revising for a biology AS exam that I have to take tomorrrow. Yay me :P

What are you all up to?

XIamSogekingX 01-11-2010 12:09 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Well I am currently looking over my new schedule for my college classes.

Im also trying to get my new camera to work that I got for Christmas.

FFHellDragon 01-11-2010 12:10 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Revising for a science Exam on Thursday OH JOOOY! D:
Reading manga earlier too ^^

HezaaChan 01-11-2010 12:17 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XIamSogekingX (Post 4474)
Well I am currently looking over my new schedule for my college classes.

I started college again last week on tuesday, and then it was delayed for two days due to snow ^__^

Good times :)

HezaaChan 01-11-2010 12:20 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FFHellDragon (Post 4475)
Revising for a science Exam on Thursday OH JOOOY! D:

Chemistry? It's about a 33.33333333 etc% chance I'm right :P

I'm taking two sciences atm, incidentally Bio and Chem. Psychology can kinda count as a science because of all the test procedures we're having to learn about *face palms*
My head hurts from all the stuff I have to remember XD

XIamSogekingX 01-11-2010 12:21 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Indeed. The East coast has been pounded these past two weeks with heavy snow. Al Gore can just shut it.

But it's all good. College is going great so far and I had a good first day back.

HezaaChan 01-11-2010 12:24 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Nice.
What subjects are you studying?

FFHellDragon 01-11-2010 12:25 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HezaaChan (Post 4487)
Chemistry? It's about a 33.33333333 etc% chance I'm right :P

I'm taking two sciences atm, incidentally Bio and Chem. Psychology can kinda count as a science because of all the test procedures we're having to learn about *face palms*
My head hurts from all the stuff I have to remember XD

Its all 3 (Chemistry, Biology and Physics) in one paper. Its an OCR one!
Im taking the Higher one! So i need to revised the not-so-simple stuff more! xD

XIamSogekingX 01-11-2010 12:26 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Well Im going into Broadcast Journalism.

Im taking a speech class, the only math class I need for my major (Real world math), English 102, Theatre Appreciation, and Intro to Video Production.

HezaaChan 01-11-2010 12:29 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FFHellDragon (Post 4493)
Im taking the Higher one! So i need to revised the not-so-simple stuff more! xD

XD I really hate AS, it's such a whole lot of pain compared to GCSEs :P

HezaaChan 01-11-2010 12:30 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XIamSogekingX (Post 4495)
Well Im going into Broadcast Journalism.

Im taking a speech class, the only math class I need for my major (Real world math), English 102, Theatre Appreciation, and Intro to Video Production.

That sounds pretty much awesome. I'm hoping to go into Marine Biology, or the like :P
Yeah, I like fish thaaaat much :)

XIamSogekingX 01-11-2010 12:34 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Hey why not? Do what you enjoy.

I enjoy writing and acting myself so I hope that after college (maybe even before) I can do some acting in TV shows or even movies. I would love to even be an extra on House MD or something. I also want to go into Voice acting. Writing for shows, movies and maybe even writing an anime that would actually be used would be so awesome *eye's twinkle*

HezaaChan 01-11-2010 12:39 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
I love love love love writing XD but I'm a lazy ♫♫♫, so generally I can never finish stories before going onto another plot idea I have.
In an ideal world, I'd like to be a writer and for eventually one of my stories to end up in production (be it anime, film, tv show). However, being a writer doesn't really pay the bills unless you write a super special awesome story, so I'm going with another dream for now :)
And House MD is just awesome, although I haven't watched it in what seems like an age.

XIamSogekingX 01-11-2010 12:46 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Indeed. In my intro post I listed my top three shows: House MD, M*A*S*H, and Whose Line Is It Anyway...and that's regular, not anime, shows.

Doing voice acting for an anime would be great but being in a TV show would be great too.

FFHellDragon 01-11-2010 12:52 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
I would love to do voice acting for anime. Its a dream for me *.*

HezaaChan 01-11-2010 12:53 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Do you mean original Whose Line Is It Anyway? I sometimes watch the reruns. The old stuff is pure win :)

XIamSogekingX 01-11-2010 12:55 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
I answered that in intro post too. I like the later seasons of the British one but I enjoy all of the American version.

FFHellDragon 01-11-2010 12:56 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
I love them sorta shows. Comedy shows are the only thing i watch on tv lately.

xD

HezaaChan 01-11-2010 12:57 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FFHellDragon (Post 4517)
I would love to do voice acting for anime. Its a dream for me *.*

My voice sounds really weird when I record it, it's crazy. It's like "Wait, that's not me... Is it?!?!!!" I drive myself mad doing that :P

HezaaChan 01-11-2010 12:58 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XIamSogekingX (Post 4521)
I answered that in intro post too. I like the later seasons of the British one but I enjoy all of the American version.

If it's the one with Clive Anderson then I <3 it.
Probably because that's the only one available to watch here atm :P

FFHellDragon 01-11-2010 12:59 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HezaaChan (Post 4523)
My voice sounds really weird when I record it, it's crazy. It's like "Wait, that's not me... Is it?!?!!!" I drive myself mad doing that :P

Haha i do that often, Its like "i don't remember saying it like that.."

But still, its awesome ^^

Kate 01-11-2010 12:59 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
I'm currently browsing the forums I'm a member of. Watching out for some spammers that have been appearing on one very forum.

Kanashimi 01-11-2010 12:59 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Well, if it's not Kana's Korner and I'm listening to the station I'm usually writing business proposals for the site or editing code on the main page. So essentially that's what I tend to do when I do listen. Since I hand-pick a lot of the music to put into the database, I quite enjoy it. xP

TheDrunkenShadow 01-11-2010 01:05 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
I'm doing what I usually do this time of day. I keep trying to do imagery for iStalk, but fail miserably when I get distracted by something. It always gets done, but.... Meh.

XIamSogekingX 01-11-2010 01:06 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanashimi (Post 4528)
Well, if it's not Kana's Korner and I'm listening to the station I'm usually writing business proposals for the site or editing code on the main page. So essentially that's what I tend to do when I do listen. Since I hand-pick a lot of the music to put into the database, I quite enjoy it. xP


I would say you would have to enjoy it to be this deep into this project :P

Thankfully you are here and offer great segments to the station.

HezaaChan 01-11-2010 02:13 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDrunkenShadow (Post 4531)
I'm doing what I usually do this time of day. I keep trying to do imagery for iStalk, but fail miserably when I get distracted by something. It always gets done, but.... Meh.

A bit like me and revision then :P

HezaaChan 01-11-2010 02:15 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanashimi (Post 4528)
Well, if it's not Kana's Korner and I'm listening to the station I'm usually writing business proposals for the site or editing code on the main page. So essentially that's what I tend to do when I do listen. Since I hand-pick a lot of the music to put into the database, I quite enjoy it. xP

Haha, knowing that you're a member of staff, I'm pretty sure you're busy when you listen :P
But you reap what you sow, and what you're sowing all together is awesome :)

Zero Gravity 01-11-2010 03:24 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
debating on what I wanna do for dinner... I would kill for Lasagna

FFHellDragon 01-11-2010 03:28 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Gravity (Post 4626)
debating on what I wanna do for dinner... I would kill for Lasagna

that reminded me of Garfield! lol

Zero Gravity 01-11-2010 03:32 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FFHellDragon (Post 4631)
that reminded me of Garfield! lol

Ironically, it's that show's fault i want Lasagna right now

FFHellDragon 01-11-2010 03:34 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Gravity (Post 4634)
Ironically, it's that show's fault i want Lasagna right now

hehe

Gotta love Garfield :wink:

Oni 01-11-2010 03:34 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Gah, wondering how long I should wait till I take a shower.

XIamSogekingX 01-11-2010 03:41 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni (Post 4641)
Gah, wondering how long I should wait till I take a shower.

Try not to go over 25 hours after your last shower. Most people take their shower around the same time so a full 24 hours but having an hour over gives people a little more room for their schedule. I usualy take mine before I go to sleep, you feel so much more relaxed. Plus you don't have wet hair in the morning when it gets really cold and easy to get sick that way.

Kanashimi 01-11-2010 04:38 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XIamSogekingX (Post 4533)
I would say you would have to enjoy it to be this deep into this project :P

Thankfully you are here and offer great segments to the station.

I do, haha. I mean, since I provide the music I have the most knowledge on it. For me, I've already listened to these songs quite a bit. So there's a large difference with everyone else when new songs are added. Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HezaaChan (Post 4567)
Haha, knowing that you're a member of staff, I'm pretty sure you're busy when you listen :P
But you reap what you sow, and what you're sowing all together is awesome :)

Thanks a ton! Luckily I put a lot of my favorites in the station first. >:3

Oni 01-11-2010 04:39 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XIamSogekingX (Post 4656)
Try not to go over 25 hours after your last shower. Most people take their shower around the same time so a full 24 hours but having an hour over gives people a little more room for their schedule. I usualy take mine before I go to sleep, you feel so much more relaxed. Plus you don't have wet hair in the morning when it gets really cold and easy to get sick that way.

Fun fact: The cold cannot give you a "cold".

Shin_No_Kokoro 01-11-2010 04:41 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
What i do every night, try to take over the world.....................and stablish the united curch of esper aliens and ghosts for the sake of our god ^_^

XIamSogekingX 01-11-2010 05:05 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni (Post 4745)
Fun fact: The cold cannot give you a "cold".

You're right, it doesn't give you the "cold" directly. Just like how aids doesn't kill you but the bacteria and viruses that enter your body because of your depleted immune system.

Oni 01-11-2010 05:28 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XIamSogekingX (Post 4758)
You're right, it doesn't give you the "cold" directly. Just like how aids doesn't kill you but the bacteria and viruses that enter your body because of your depleted immune system.

Well, the "cold" is a virus.

Also, currently eating toast.

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 01-11-2010 05:29 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Currently starving...

Oni 01-11-2010 05:32 PM

Re: What are you up to?
 
Currently drinking mango juice.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.