91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anime (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Favorite Anime VAs (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418)

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 01-11-2010 09:11 PM

Favorite Anime VAs

One of my habits when watching anime (in English or Japanese, it doesn't matter) is to pick out as many voice actors as I can recognize. It seems that most people don't pay much attention to the voices behind the characters, but does anyone here have any favorite VAs? Or maybe just voice actors you always seem to notice when you're watching?

My favorite English VAs include Johnny Bosch (Bleach, Geass), Liam O'Brien (Geass), and Yuri Lowenthal (.hack//G.U.)

For Japanese, it's Rie Kugimiya (Toradora!, Shakugan no Shana), Mamiko Noto (Clannad, Negima), and Ai Nonaka (Clannad, Zetsubou-sensei)

victorious0702 01-11-2010 09:17 PM

Re: Favorite Anime VAs

I only go Japanese and apart from the ones you stated already ill add the following.

Yui Horie (Love Hina, Bakemonogatari), Aya Hirano (Haruhi, Bakemonogatari), Katou Emiri (Lucky Star, Bakemonogatari)

Also all K-on! VAs.

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 01-11-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorious0702 (Post 4863)
I only go Japanese and apart from the ones you stated already ill add the following.

Yui Horie (Love Hina, Bakemonogatari), Aya Hirano (Haruhi, Bakemonogatari), Katou Emiri (Lucky Star, Bakemonogatari)

Also all K-on! VAs.

Who did Hirano and Horie voice in Bakemonogatari?

victorious0702 01-11-2010 09:20 PM

Hirano is loli Vampire, Horie is Cat girl.

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 01-11-2010 09:27 PM

I remember Horie as Tsubasa now, but I don't remember Shinobu ever speaking.

victorious0702 01-11-2010 11:21 PM

She hasnt said anything yet but she probably will in the latter episodes (14 & 15) and when she does it will be the voice of god.

rivetKEH 01-12-2010 12:06 AM

Yuu Kobayashi and Kana Ueda are my favorites! Kobayashi especially nails voices for me.

FFHellDragon 01-12-2010 12:11 AM

Dub:

Vic Mignogna
Johnny Yong Bosch
Travis Willingham

EagleEyes 01-12-2010 12:59 AM

Megan Hollingshead - (Pokemon / Yugioh / Bleach / Naruto / Code geass / Valkyria Chronicles)

Saffron Henderson - (Black Lagoon / Zoids)

Luci Christian - (Air Gear / Claymore)

Derek Stephen Prince - (Digimon / Naruto)

Rachael Lillis - (Pokemon)

Zero Gravity 01-12-2010 02:44 PM

Johny Yong Bosch - He seems to sneak up on me alot when I watch dubbed anime (Code Geass, Trigun, Lucky Star, Bleach), he was also one of my favorite Power Rangers when I was a kid, hell he even sneaks up on me in my video games. (Disgaea 3, Tales of the Abyss)

David Lodge - I just think he's an awesome actor

Mark Gatha - He wasn't in much but I think he's a rather decent voice actor

Michael Kopsa - Mainly for his "Amuro... i'm doing something extremely wicked...", he also makes a great bad guy

Kavin Conrory - He counts because he was in the Batman anime! (Batman: Gotham Knight) And HE IS THE ONE TRUE BATMAN

Alessandro Juliani - Not a Battlestar Galatica fan, but I love his job as "L" and he has a wonderful singing voice.

TheGreatMoof 01-13-2010 10:10 AM

Laura Bailey (Tohru Honda, Lust, Kid Trunks, Sana Kurata from Kodocha) is the most adorable person on the face of the planet. She's just so darn cute~! X3

Apart from that, there are actors and actresses who will instantly get me interested in a series. Luci Christian, Johnny Bosch, Vic Mignona, Yuri Lowenthal, Chris Sabat, Monica Rial, Hillary Haag, Caitlin Glass. . . basically anyone who works at FUNimation is awesome. X3