91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Radio (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   What Third Party Devices (Or Software) Do You Use To Listen To 91.8 The Fan? (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2331)

Kanashimi 01-04-2012 06:20 PM

What Third Party Devices (Or Software) Do You Use To Listen To 91.8 The Fan?

I was kind of curious about this because I've heard of a lot of listeners using things like TuneIn to listen to the station.

This has always sort of been an abnormally for me since if the flash players work then there's the option of the .pls or .m3u... So what third party devices or websites do you use to listen to 91.8 The Fan and why?

I'll keep a list on this first post for others to find so they can find what works easiest for them. #yay

Zero Gravity 01-04-2012 06:24 PM

Re: What Third Party Devices (Or Software) Do You Use To Listen To 91.8 The Fan?

I use my android phone when I'm away, course a lack of an app means i need to use a web browser which sometimes lags or skips. especially when im in an unfriendly area for WiFi.
I also have it working on my Wii, and PSP.

nerdwerld 01-04-2012 06:25 PM

Re: What Third Party Devices (Or Software) Do You Use To Listen To 91.8 The Fan?

I just use the site player, because it is easy to use, and is quite simple. Using a third party would be too difficult.

grimdefeat 01-06-2012 04:53 AM

ill usually use the site player but when im on a different comp that doesnt let me use it I will go straight to itunes to listen

homie_jiraiya 01-08-2012 12:47 AM

i used to listen to it on my psp but that broke so its computer only for noa... i would like there to be a blackberry app for it just saiyan

Kanashimi 01-08-2012 02:43 AM

The .m3u should work just fine on Blackberry if you haven't tried. It's worked on both my Blackberry Storm & Storm 2.

christmas4477 01-15-2012 02:00 PM

I love using my PSP when i want to listen to the radio while I mass click on GPX+

PrinceVern 01-17-2012 04:00 PM

I discovered the station through SHOUTCAST Radio on Winamp and have been listening it through there since~ ^_^

Il_Divino 10-11-2012 08:45 PM

On my android I use an app called "Free Anime Radio" by myindieapp.com
Its a nice app with the fan on the top of the list but sometimes it plays different songs than what I hear when I turn the radio on using my computer.
I am still not good with recognizing songs so it might have a delay of some kind. If it does have a delay I wonder how much of one and if its on my side like lag or just general time delay.

Eamil 11-02-2012 08:55 PM

I generally use the site player but first the regular player, and now months later the Lite player, have both failed on me (they permanently show "Waiting for <insert IP address here> no matter how long I wait), and I have no idea how to fix this so now I'm using itunes.