91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vidja Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [Multi] Dragonball Xenoverse (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4364)

Elk 03-07-2015 02:00 PM

Dragonball Xenoverse

Picked this up digitally on PS4.

I'd suggest picking it up so we can Kamehameha eachother and the computer opponents.

It's a pretty fun game, flying feels a little clunky to me, as does attacking from awkward angles, but the gameplay is still really fun.

You create your own character (Human, Saiyan, Namek, Majin(like Buu), Freeza's race) and study under major characters, and fight in historic battles with a time machine to learn their moves. My current master is Piccolo, though I haven't learned Makankosappo yet.

In the story, I'm at Freeza, so I got a ways to go. I'm a Freeza race, wearing a mix of Krillin's original outfit and Tien's outfit, with a blue scouter. I look pretty ridiculous, but it seems that's how it is til you get to higher levels. Unfortunately, clothing have stat bonuses and negatives, so if you're making a special build you have to keep it in mind when you choose clothing.

You can also play as characters from the show as you progress through the game with their own movesets. Currently the best I can use I think is Captain Ginyu? Maybe Freeza's first form.

Bobby Henshin 03-07-2015 02:02 PM

Re: Dragonball Xenoverse

i still want that game. and yes i wanna be a sayian or a majin

Elk 03-07-2015 11:56 PM

You gotta be fat guy or a weird looking girl if you're a Majin. Kind of weird Majin only comes like that. I think Saiyans don't have tails for some reason? (I guess to bypass oozaru) So they look a lot like Humans, but their stats and traits are different.

Namek and Freeza don't have genders, but Freeza has a decent amount of customization. One thing I DIDN'T like about Freeza race is you can't choose the stripes Freeza has on his form 1 face and limbs. I think it's because you're supposed to be in Final Form all the time which is also kind of meh.

but Transformations are one of the things I don't like about this game. Everything else is super fun, but transformations are lackluster.

Bobby Henshin 03-10-2015 08:20 PM

i htink they might be half human/saiyan

Zero Gravity 03-12-2015 10:45 AM

I might pick this up, I'm hoping for a sale/discount to rear considering my funds limit, considering it's a multiplayer game, I might have to actually buy it. Course I also need to buy a PS+ subscription :\

Elk 03-13-2015 03:52 PM

I hope you do get it. I'd totally make time to beat eachother, other people, and the cpu up.

PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB 03-15-2015 07:36 AM

PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB picked it up for the PS3 digitally.

Zero Gravity 05-05-2015 04:38 PM

been playing this for a while, it's rather fun and I enjoy it.

My ONE pet peeve, is that Skill drops are assigned to RNGs (Random Number Generators). So while I can manage to get "x100 Big Bang Kamehameha" (an overpowered final special) after 1 or two tries, it took me 100+ tries to get a low tier move like "Rush Strike"