91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vidja Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [PS3] Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60)

Kanashimi 11-15-2009 11:56 AM

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time

Also known as the end of the future trilogy. I'll keep spoilers to a minimum, but good game was definitely good. In comparison to Tools Of Destruction, this is a huge step up and makes the previous game almost seem like filler. I'm not entirely sure why, but the story to this one really kept me involved in the game.

I mean, not only is Dr. N back with all his... weirdness, but you have a lot of secrets revealed about Ratchet's and Clank's past. It was like one of those entries fans had been waiting for.

I also loved getting my Ryno, regretfully I never got the weapon in Tools Of Destruction. Also gonna throw some love to Mr. Zurkon.

EagleEyes 11-15-2009 01:52 PM

Re: Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time

Mr Zurkon doesn't need Nanotec to live, Mr. Zurkon lives on fear!

Mr. Z really made this game awesome. Also the indroduction of Shannon the Nurse :D

Kanashimi 11-15-2009 01:57 PM

Hahaha, Shannon The Nurse was a lot of lolz.

I loved being disguised as Dr. N, I just constantly made him yell things. The voice actor for him is so hilarious and over the top.

EagleEyes 11-15-2009 02:10 PM

LAURENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. N is the best Villan. Though the weapons were a little disapointing this time arround.

Kanashimi 11-15-2009 03:31 PM

I loved the Buzz Blade thing, I just hated getting it so late.

EagleEyes 11-16-2009 01:39 AM

Ohhhh I love me some Doom Blades. That and the Mag Net Launcher :D And the groovitron :)

Elc1247 11-16-2009 07:01 PM

I hear that the new rachet and clank dont really have the dark humor that the older games did, but i have yet to really play any rachet and clank games... its only what i hear from my friends.

Kanashimi 11-16-2009 11:00 PM

The newest one just feels fresh, fun, and worth the play. It was something I picked up and didn't put back down until I was finished (unlike Tools Of Destruction). If you think you can just read Wikipedia, you can do that and then play only A Crack In Time. That's the best of the future trilogy in my opinion.

EagleEyes 11-16-2009 11:33 PM

Crack in time has had the best story since Locked and Loaded / Going Commando.

Generally a better game than Tools of Destruction.

Kanashimi 01-02-2010 01:57 AM

I really want to replay this game, I was sort of thinking of doing it on Kibs PSN account to get him the trophies, but he wants to play. D: I can't get much else from the story, sadly. I just have to wait for the next one, le sigh.

EagleEyes 01-02-2010 02:00 AM

I know the feeling. The second one ( Going Comando / locked and loaded) had the best replay value.

I home the next one has co-op play, or online of some description.

Replay value, sadly, is the one thing that lets the game down. And maybe the weapons this time arround.

Oni 01-02-2010 02:09 AM

I never really got into the R&C series. I remember playing the first one for a bit, then it kinda teetered off and eventually got sold so I could buy something else. Now I can't get into the current ones because I have no idea how the story goes.

=P

Kanashimi 01-02-2010 02:12 AM

Ironically, you don't need to play them all to know the story. For example, I played Tools Of Destruction, but not Quest For Booty, and then finished off with A Crack In Time. I basically skipped the game in the middle, and still had a really good grasp of what went on in A Crack In Time. It even explains in the beginning what you missed, so it's not too hard. If you're unsure, I say give it a rent.

Oni 01-02-2010 02:17 AM

So it's sort of like Xenosaga, where there is at least some explanation of what has happened prior? But normally those kinda of explanations don't give you the small details, which I find annoying.

I may rent it, but I'm currently having a happy time when it comes to playing BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger.

EagleEyes 01-02-2010 02:22 AM

Oni if I ever do anything for you, it is to suggest getting TOD. You can get it at JB HiFi for arround $30 now, that its platinum.

(Off topic but my copy of Blazblue is still in the mail being imported <.<)

Oni 01-02-2010 02:25 AM

Oh god, Platinum. I hate seeing all that yellow (yes, why'd they pick yellow? At least, why only put yellow on some Platinum games?) stuck on the game. Makes the case look all ugly and stuff.

Kanashimi 01-02-2010 02:36 AM

All I remember about the Tools Of Destruction "current" case that I dislike is the fact it's now bright red. Since it has become a "Greatest Hit", I hate that for game covers and for anime. Raaage, much.

Oni 01-02-2010 02:44 AM

I'd rather buy a used game then a new one with raped cover art. I mean, I do display such things to the public in my house. It sucks having 1/3 of the case covered with one solid colour that basically says "this game sold a lot of copies". So, yeah, I probably will just rent it.

Shadowblade Edge 01-02-2010 03:13 AM

I was actually really disappointed by this'n. The weapons weren't that hot, I wasn't very engaged by the story, and it was easy. The brightest point of the game was the very last scene, very charming. The rest was okay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oni (Post 2395)
I'd rather buy a used game then a new one with raped cover art. I mean, I do display such things to the public in my house.

That's just the most absurd thing to be vain about, or bothered by. I mean it's not like it changes the game or anything, you know the important part of the game. Kids these days.

Oni 01-02-2010 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowblade Edge (Post 2398)
That's just the most absurd thing to be vain about, or bothered by. I mean it's not like it changes the game or anything, you know the important part of the game. Kids these days.

Then why have boxart in the first place? Why not just toss the disc in a brown paper bag with some toilet paper inscribed with the basic controls? If you're going to label something as a greatest hit, all you need is a tag in the top left stating it as such.

I mean, why not just buy a bootleg copy?

The point is, to some, these things do matter. I am not you.