91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   News And Updates (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Moderator Applications (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=371)

Kibs 01-09-2010 04:18 PM

Moderator Applications

We are currently accepting applications for forum moderators.
Thanks to the enormous boom of growth of our website and community we are now in need of people who can keep an eye on the forums as we are all very busy, and don't have much time to read every post made on the forums!

What a moderator does:
A moderator is assigned to a section, sometimes multiple sections, and keeps an eye on everything going on in there, making sure everyone is following the rules, and deleting spam/rule breaking posts as necessary.

A few stipulations:
I will not be accepting applications from anyone with less than 100 posts, and/or has not been active for more than a month. We're looking for people who have spent some time in the community, and who want to do something to help by giving their time and talents to the forums.

What you need to do to apply:
Send me a PM with information about yourself, the section you would wish to moderate, your availability, and a short paragraph about why you think you would make a good moderator. Make sure to title the PM "Moderator Application", or it might get overlooked! I will have Kana look over the applications with me and we will decide based on many criteria.

S-Mods:
Amui
Cameron
Grimdefeat

Moderators:
Kanashimi
PissedSilentBob
Christmas
Jubilee
Tempest
LeviathanMist

Moderator Positions
  • General - Grimdefeat
  • Introductions - PidssedSilentBob
  • General - GrimDefeat
  • --Serious - Vacant
  • ----Debates - Vacant
  • Forum Games - Christmas4477
  • --Conventions - Vacant
  • ----Cosplay - Vacant
  • ----Convention Reviews - Vacant
  • ----Upcoming Conventions - Vacant
  • Entertainment - Vacant
  • Anime - Vacant
  • Manga - Vacant
  • Movies - LeviathanMist
  • Television - Vacant
  • Music - Filled (Jubilee)
  • Vidja Games - Kanashimi
  • Creative - Vacant
  • Art - Vacant
  • Literature - Filled (Tempest)
  • --Role Playing - Vacant

DJ Shifts, Features and Articles are all moderated by their respective owners.

Zero Gravity 01-17-2010 08:29 PM

Re: Moderator Applications

I applied....
-not good with rejection-

dbull620 01-18-2010 08:52 AM

Perhaps I'll apply after I've actually been here for over a week (don't see myself leaving any time soon :wink: ) provided there's still positions left to be filled of course.

Catilena1890 01-18-2010 01:55 PM

Boy I would like that literature spot, I do oh so love fanfiction. Back off everyone, that spot is mine when my account is old enough! *takes out Tetseiga and waves it around the literature mod spot*

Kibs 01-25-2010 02:22 AM

List has been updated.

Zero Gravity 01-25-2010 04:40 PM

Aw shucks :\

Imma try again for the Art section! >:)

Kibs 02-02-2010 08:17 AM

All applications have been viewed thus far, anyone who has not receieved a reply was not selected, as of the timestamp on this post. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Zero Gravity 02-02-2010 12:25 PM

CURSES! >_<

Foiled again!

EagleEyes 07-03-2010 12:18 AM

Updated.

Kibs 12-04-2010 05:27 PM

Update:
S-Mods have now been assigned as heads of their respective sections, they will keep a general eye on all of the sub-sections, and will be the person to go to with a question about your section. As such, some sections have been made vacant, and we will require more moderator applications.

Kibs 03-11-2012 02:12 AM

After a long dry spell of not Maintaining the moderators, I've done some pruning and tweaking. There are now 7 open moderator positions, no super moderator positions from this point forward will be available to new hires and will solely be available through promotion.

Grimdefeat has thusly been promoted to SMod in charge of the General Section, while retaining responsibility for the General Subforum.

Pissedsilentbob whose name I cannot get the altcaps right for has also been promoted to S-mod, he will be overseeing the entertainment section while retaining his responsibilities in the introductions.

The current open moderator positions are as follows:

General

The moderator for this position needs to be able to decide whether or not the topic at hand is of a more serious import than things such as celebrity gossip or chips. Serious news such as Public Service Announcements, or Natural Disasters would go in here.

The moderator of this forum needs to be able to know when to stop a discussion when it gets out of hand without judging based on personal bias. The best person for this job is someone who will not likely involve themselves in the debates and does not judge people based on religion, political positions, or sexual preference.

Entertainment

The moderator of this forum will mostly be responsible for keeping tabs on spoilers within discussions. As such, they will need to be well versed with a lot of anime, this position is perfect for those who spend all day watching anime.

The moderator of this forum will mostly be responsible for keeping tabs on spoilers within discussions. As such, they will need to be well versed with a lot of manga, this position is perfect for those who are connoisseurs of manga both old and new.

The moderator of this forum will mostly be responsible for keeping tabs on spoilers within discussions. As such, they will need to be well versed with a lot of television, this position is perfect for those who spend a great amount of time in front of the boob tube.

Creative

This moderator's main focus will be reprimanding people who are insulting of other people's art. Let's be honest, everyone has an opinion, and when it comes to art, people can be very nasty. Occasionally you will have to remove nudity, whether artistic or not, it's a violation of our rules.

The Role Playing mod will have a very large responsibility, as it is their responsibility to oversee the RPs and make sure nobody is godmodding or playing unfairly. It is a good idea to actively involve yourself in many of the RPs while staying objective.

Applications should include information such as your forum username, what section you wish to apply for, and why you believe you would be a good fit for the position.

Applications for moderators can be sent to me via either Private Message, or Emailed to Kibs(at)918thefan(dot)com.

Amui 03-11-2012 12:29 PM

Conglaturations Grim, DON'T LET ME DOWN.

ಠ_ಠ

Leviathan Mist 03-11-2012 04:36 PM

Movies is empty? I thought I was moderator of that one :P

Team 03-12-2012 11:32 AM

lol nice too bad im busy enough i would love to be in one of those but im not active on forums enough

Kibs 03-12-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathan Mist (Post 33255)
Movies is empty? I thought I was moderator of that one :P

Oh!, Sorry, I must have misaligned while looking. Fixed.

Shidohari 03-12-2012 02:34 PM

Thanks for considering my application even though i wasn't assigned a spot.

I know it was due to my lack of activity on the forums rather than the amount of posts i have on file.

Good luck to those applicants still being reviewed.

Kibs 03-12-2012 02:41 PM

GracefulDisaster/Aeri/Aerianna/PickAName has been accepted as Moderator for the Art forum.
Moonhawk81 has been accepted as Moderator for the Serious forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shidohari (Post 33266)
Thanks for considering my application even though i wasn't assigned a spot.

I know it was due to my lack of activity on the forums rather than the amount of posts i have on file.

Good luck to those applicants still being reviewed.

Three things.
1. I literally just got to reading over your application.
2. Now that I've read it, you applied for a position that isn't even open.
3. You've accepted a lack of response after less than 24 hours as a rejection?

Cheflelouch 04-24-2012 10:09 PM

Application summited I hope I can get In